Space Shuttle
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Space Shuttle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Default Space Shuttle

Ok so we have 2 maybe 3 missions left for our space shuttles. How come we have not be designing and building a new fleet? I mean are we just going to stop going into space? I head after the last flight we will be sending people and supply's up on Russian rockets.

To me it just looks like we have lost so much drive to be the best at everything. It is like there is no more pride and honor to be able to say look at us we built space shuttle and now we built better ones that and do more cost less......

Does anyone else fear we are losing our edge as a super power?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #2

Liked 66 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In my opinion, the space program is a waste of a huge amount of money that could be better used elsewhere in our country.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
In my opinion, the space program is a waste of a huge amount of money that could be better used elsewhere in our country.
Exactly.

Obungho needs that money to build his welfare state.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4029 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 500

But the space shuttle emits thousands of tons of green house gasses each time it is launched. We MUST abandon or Empirialistic displays to save the planet! Just bring the astronauts home and leave space to the Aliens. We have been trampling all over the rights of aliens (both ET and illegal) too long.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Exactly.

Obungho needs that money to build his welfare state.
Oh puh-leeze, you know that's not what I meant!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
But the space shuttle emits thousands of tons of green house gasses each time it is launched. We MUST abandon or Empirialistic displays to save the planet! Just bring the astronauts home and leave space to the Aliens. We have been trampling all over the rights of aliens (both ET and illegal) too long.
Yes, aliens are people too! The ET-type I mean.

My assumption is that there IS life out there and, as long as they leave ME alone, I'll leave them alone.

Unless we're gonna find a huge amount of OIL up there.....abort! But then the oil companies would probably eff that up too.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I am in favor of the space program. However I think they need to come up with a cheaper, less dangerous type of propulsion system. I wouldn't want to strap my a$$ to a few hundred TONS of rocket fuel and light that sucker off.
NASA's budget is somewhere in the nieghborhood of 15-18 billion a year(I may be way off,probably more). I would like to see that money put into independant research for search for alternative fuels. I say independant because I believe the Gov is in big oils pocket, no incentive there to come up with alternatives.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok so we have 2 maybe 3 missions left for our space shuttles. How come we have not be designing and building a new fleet? I mean are we just going to stop going into space? I head after the last flight we will be sending people and supply's up on Russian rockets.
I think i heard a clip of a BHO speech in which he decided that scrapping the space program will allow for funds to be allocated elsewhere. Basically, he was saying that the space program was a total waste of time and funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
To me it just looks like we have lost so much drive to be the best at everything. It is like there is no more pride and honor to be able to say look at us we built space shuttle and now we built better ones that and do more cost less......

Does anyone else fear we are losing our edge as a super power?
Losing? BHO is bending the country over so the blue helmets can just ram it on up.......

Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #9

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

How can anyone think that exploring space is a waste of time and money?

What ever happened to the drive to better ourselves? What happened to the drive to break barriers and push the limits of science and technology? With out pushing limits we would have never made it to space let alone the moon. We wouldn't have safer cars and planes that can fly Mach 3......

If it is all useless like some say then why not stop teaching science in school. No more doctors no more vets to take care of animals who cares it is all a big waste of money.

That is the thinking that got us in the god dam phucked up mess we are in now. stagnant thinking.

With out science we wouldn't have this wonderful internet we have today. I think I am going to be sick. It just disgust me to see thinking like that......

Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #10

Sorry you're so disgusted.

To think that the money spent on the space program over the years might have gone a long way toward finding a cure for cancer or some other insidious disease....disgusting.