SouthernOhioGun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > SouthernOhioGun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SouthernOhioGun

I was on their website the other day and looked at the catalog, but for some reason its not on their page anymore. They had some wicked good deals, and a huge selection. I was gonna look some more but, like i said its not their. Im no dealer or anything so I dnt know if that matters or not. Ive heard there a reputable company, but how do they sell anything when all of their product isnt even visible to the consumer? If someone could hook me up with there catalog or tell me how to get it thatd be amazing!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2010, 04:31 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
I was on their website the other day and looked at the catalog, but for some reason its not on their page anymore. They had some wicked good deals, and a huge selection. I was gonna look some more but, like i said its not their. Im no dealer or anything so I dnt know if that matters or not. Ive heard there a reputable company, but how do they sell anything when all of their product isnt even visible to the consumer? If someone could hook me up with there catalog or tell me how to get it thatd be amazing!
I live in Southern Ohio and who are they? I hope you aren't talking about Southern Ohio Trading Post.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #3

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

SOG International, Inc.

Southern Ohio Gun Distributors, Inc., Your Global Connection for Firearms, Accessories and Ammunition!

Old 10-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #4

Yea I know of their website, but in the catalog they took off they website their products was never ending! I should have saved the damn thing, but its obvious that they have more items than just what they show on that page.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9550 Times on 4109 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

SOG took some heat from their FFL customers. If you have an 01 or 03 FFL, you can register with them, and get to the password protected part of the catalog- the guns. In the meantime, there are 5 screens of ammo and 5 of accessories that the unwashed masses can view. C&P from their webiste-

If you are an FFL dealer, and would like to browse the "Dealer-Only" section of our website, manage shipping addresses, and manage previous orders, you may create an account here. Your account will not be activated for use until we have a copy of your FFL on file with our sales department. To expedite this process please have an electronic scan of your FFL ready to email or fax a copy to our 24-hour fax at 513.932.8928. Please allow 1 to 2 business days for account activation.

If you are not a FFL Dealer, you may still order from the "Non-Dealer" section of our store when you register

Have done business with them for some time, good company. Bought a lifetime supply of 8mm Mauser from them few years back. Actually, only have enuff until I am 99- will have to get more then.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Ahh, good to hear. I was worried the op was talking about a more local guy here with store. Total arse.

Area code is 513=Cinci area. Never dealt with them. They are about 4 hours away, so no wonder.

I hope the op finds what he/she wants...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Sounds like a royal pain to me.
Suppose I'm not an FFL, I just want to browse the site to see what gun I want to buy and transfer?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #8

You might try registering and setting up a non-FFL account with them. I'm not sure, but that might allow you to look at more of their firearms but with retail pricing.

There are few (if any) FFL's out there that are going to sell you the gun for wholesale plus the cost of a transfer. They have to be able to make a decent profit on the sale or they aren't going to be in business for very long. That is the reason FFL's don't want the dealer pricing displayed to the masses.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9550 Times on 4109 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Gen. Lee- SOG is a wholesaler. Many wholesalers (not just firearms) do not talk to, or give prices to folks that are not their direct customers. There are some 01 Dealers that are upset that wholesalers will sell a C&R firearm to those of us that hold an 03 C&R FFL. Not over the legality of it, but the business side of things.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
There are some 01 Dealers that are upset that wholesalers will sell a C&R firearm to those of us that hold an 03 C&R FFL.
Understatement of the year right there.

I did business with a local gunshop owner for 25 years, buying dozens of guns, accessories and supplies during that time. Spent thousands of dollars in his store. The day I told him I got a C&R license, he basically told me to never come back again!!!

He acted like I was trying to run HIM out of business. The hell????
And NO - I never went back....