Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > South Carolina Teen Arrested for Alleged High School Bomb Plot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Edit:
Zombie thread, never mind.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 06-03-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Speaking of zombies, with that kid eating someones face off, zombie hunting should be in season soon.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 06-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead47 View Post
Speaking of zombies, with that kid eating someones face off, zombie hunting should be in season soon.
I wish, it'd fall under the dangerous game hunting
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
4 year old thread.
Yeah, that's what I get for clicking a "Similar Threads" link at the bottom of the page. It doesn't change my thoughts, but you can bet I won't be clicking one of those links again.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #15

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Yeah, that's what I get for clicking a "Similar Threads" link at the bottom of the page. It doesn't change my thoughts, but you can bet I won't be clicking one of those links again.
:P don't worry about it man, we just like to have a little fun about the thread resurrections.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

This was a zombie thread?? I didn't even notice!!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #17

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Yeah, thats what happens when the media plays up the Cho's and the two jackasses that hit Columbine. Even though the media casts a negative light, they still "glorify" them by doing in depth media pieces about the idiots. It speaks volumes when the potential criminal says he "admired" them. Let them all be forgotten IMO, focus on the victims only.
I would bet a paycheck that a lot of us (including myself) can't remember a single victim from VT, OKC, or Columbine but we know who Cho, Clebold and McVeigh are.
Would you prefer that the media ignore such events? That is far more dangerous than a kid with ten pounds of fertilizer.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #18

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Would you prefer that the media ignore such events? That is far more dangerous than a kid with ten pounds of fertilizer.
I have to weigh in on this (although I think the topic has taken a right turn). But yea, the media needs to be careful on reporting on the columbines, etc. It should be Breaking news, (then after the facts are discovered), the "Story" and not an agenda on the dangers of guns, eating watermelon, etc. STICK TO THE STORY! Then a follow up some years later BUT STILL, REPORTING ON THE STORY, not any agenda...

The media has turned into exactly what it was NEVER suppose to be! They are to report the facts as they know them PERIOD... STOP AT THAT! It is unbelievable to have liberal/conservative media! Report the story and if you are anti gun or anti oral sex, then join a march somewhere but for Gods sake, do your jobs right and leave opinions for the people your telling the story to!

Sorry everyone. My intent was not to offend anyone but it's getting way out of hand and will never be like it is suppose to...

Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I would prefer that the media report these events, but self-censor themselves.

Did America really need to know how to build a fertilizer bomb, or just that the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building was attacked with an explosive?

Does the general public in Florida need to know that kids an California are getting high consuming (insert weekly fad here)?

Every time gas prices go up do we need a front page story detailing how to bypass certain obstacles put in place to prevent siphoning?

What about airplane hijacking? Do we need to know an attempt was made, or do we have a so-called right to the details of how the hijacker circumvented security?

My personal opinion is that the media is compounding the problem by reporting the details. How many times have you read about some newspaper or TV slime reporting the details of how they got such and such an object past the TSA? Quit putting How-To info in the media. It's not helping.