Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Soup Kitchen Priceless! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/soup-kitchen-priceless-14698/)

IGETEVEN 06-11-2009 08:22 PM

Soup Kitchen Priceless!

I found this link on the web and it speaks volumes.

Mitchieville Blog Archive Soup Kitchen Priceless

No soup for you! :mad:

Dillinger 06-11-2009 08:32 PM

Yeah, at first that was kind of funny - until you think about it for more than a few seconds - then the Rage-O-Meter goes to FULL TILT! :mad:

skullcrusher 06-11-2009 08:37 PM

I got that in an e-mail from the mother of a good friend a few days ago. There is a huge anger factor there. :mad:

JiroZero713 06-11-2009 08:53 PM

Looks Photoshopped.

falseharmonix 06-11-2009 10:47 PM

I work in a town that is rather, how shall I say, run down and devalued due to the nature of its inhabitants.

On a daily basis, I see people buying large quantities of junk food (chips, candy, soda, and various otherwise nutrition-less foods) on the LINK card (the food stamp debit card), and then take those 'groceries' out to their ginormous Lincoln Navigators with 24" rims and chrome decorations, while being parked in handicapped spots (with no visible physical ailments).

I wish I could say that the above statement was exaggerated, however it is not.

This photo hits right at home, and it makes me want to puke in their soup.

Jo da Plumbr 06-12-2009 12:37 AM

We have a regular beggar near where I work in Beverly Hills. As I was walking by the other day he had to put his Styrofoam change cup down so he could answer his cell phone.:eek::eek::eek:

WDB 06-12-2009 03:08 AM

Rage-O-Meter goes to FULL TILT
Yep that is a good expression. I work at a food bank once a week and whille most truly need the help there are some that are taking advantage. There are weeks that we don't have meat to give away and those that get upset are also those that honestly don't seem to need the help (200+ pounds, on the cell phone while waiting and pissed that there isn't more of a selection). Those that honestly need it are happy for what we can give and with out exception thank us. The rest/few are rude and insulting. The food bank is a community effort and while a lot of what we have to offer comes from local stores the rest is up to what those that can share. All we ask for is picture state ID to show you are from the area and if you claim four people you have to have three underage kids with you. I wish we had the Ban hammer at the food bank as it is clear there are some that don't deserve the food given.

warrioroftheland 06-12-2009 04:41 AM

yeah i watched a guy in atlanta get into a brand new car after goin into a gas station and changing out of his " work " ( he had a cardboard signed standing at a stop light that read " help a homeless vet " ). we followed the guy with PD on the phone. this crap makes me sick.

Major Kusanagi 06-12-2009 05:13 AM

Welcome to the United States of America, where over 40% of its population is on welfare, while only less than 3% truly need it. :mad:

WDB 06-12-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi (Post 116227)
Welcome to the United States of America, where over 40% of its population is on welfare, while only less than 3% truly need it. :mad:

I doubt 40%+ are on welfare that would mean 4 out of 10 adults are on welfare. I might have my blue sky glasses on but would like to see the source for that makes that a fact, also I expect more than 3% honestly needs help.