The Sound of Freedom - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Sound of Freedom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

They have nerves of titanium for sure. Watching the wing tips of two mach birds dance within a couple feet of your gourd had got to be a pretty scary thing even if you know WTF your doing.

Ive had mixed emotions about the shows for years due to the collisions and crashes (I was raised within 20 miles of Grifiss Air force base, I do love the birds). I understand that Service Members regularly risk life and limb to train as well as fight but Air Shows are neither. Many of the most dangerous stunts they practice and show actually have zero combat application whatsoever. They are kinda like the daredevil that needs to spice up their act a little more every-time they do a show. Sooner or later its gonna turn out very bad and it has more than once. I cant imagine meeting with the family members of a lost pilot/ crew and saying they gave everything to entertain sightseers.

Dont get me wrong, I have the highest level of respect for these guys, they are literally the finest we have, I pray they all die of old age as our nations most revered Pilot/ retiree's.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3170 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Funny You Bring That Up WF! I expressed the Same to AF Lt. Col. John Klatt. at an Airshow Dinner in 2010. He flies the Klein Tools A-330 Extra stunt Plane when he's not flying F-15 Strike Eagles....
I actually Found a few "Air Show" related pics...I'll get them up Later...The Rest I have to go into the Office and onto the 6 Y.O. Titanium iMac(which still Runs 24/7/365, just not as fast as the others....). I also Have one Of my Pal Capt. Bruce Testa(Ret.), who worked his Was up From Airman 3rd class, and went To Schools, both as a Para Rescue Jumper/Medic and for Counseling(he worked with me at a school as one of the Social Workers). He retired because he had But Survived Liver Cancer, and was due to be a father for the 2nd time,..so 18 Yrs was "quite enough" Hope I find that one! we're standing in front of his Pavehawk(that he jumped out of)...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...