The Sound of Freedom

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Sound of Freedom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Default The Sound of Freedom

Car alarms going off, people plugging their ears, coffee cups moving on the desktop.

Yep, the Blue Angels are practicing!

I love that sound of freedom.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18891

Don,t forget the Media !

Old 04-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 471 Times on 344 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I saw the Blue Angels a couple of times while I was in the service,,, they were still using the old A-4's,,, those fellows are just outstanding aviators,, as I recall, they fly F-18's now. If one gets a chance to see them, it's well worth the ticket.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

The trouble is that my office is across the street from their home hanger.
They practice weekly when not at some air show.

But the f-18 has a sound that few others have. And I love it!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Last year my brother and I where at a Notre Dame home football game and they flew by twice. That was awesome and the sound was crazy being in the stadium.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2597 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

danf-fl,

I was in Florida when the first started practicing again after the political munipilation!
And man that is a fantastic sight with sound to see and hear! WOW! Impressive!
It is kind of like being at the air gun range at a local military base we go for instructing training and see the attack aircraft fly with in close enough distance on the gun and bomb range in the tower that the pilots some tilt the macines sometime and salute you in the Gunnery Tower as they fly by! And then the A-10 "Wart Hog" gun runs! "WOW:! Excuse the term "but nearly a sexual experience"!
So you are right the Blue Angels are absolutely fantastic!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Theres not many things like seeing an A 10 utterly destroy something you no longer want in front of you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5919 Times on 3348 Posts
Likes Given: 5458

But nothing compares with watching an entire squadrons of B-52s, lay sticks of bombs all the way down the range, then turn and lay another stick all the way back up!

Winston Churchill
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #9

Liked 403 Times on 229 Posts

My father was a c130 mechanic growing up. He was in the air force for 22 years. I haven't missed an air show in 30 years. It was an awesome opportunity for me to see all these planes close up when they had down time. My dad used to take me on the flight line and into the hangers. The pilots were always great guys and were eager to show me around all the planes. Some of my best memories are standing on the stairs looking into the cockpits of the f18 blue angels and the f16 thunderbirds. One time one of the apache pilots let me sit in the gunners seat, put the helmet on, and look through the flir optics. It was amazing. My profile pic is me at ten years old in the cockpit of the c130 gun ship. I still have a bunch of spent shells from the gun ship. God i love planes. Two of the best sounds in the world are an f18 flying over and that "woooooorrrrmmmmppp" that the GAU 30mm gun on the a10 makes. Flooded with memories right now. Good times.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #10
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3264 Times on 2219 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Have managed to see both the Angels and the T-Birds many times, both in and post Service. My wife and I were VIP's at the 2010& 2011 NY Airshow at Jones Beach. I volunteered at an Air Museum near me on Long Island from April of '10 until we left to move to Az in January of '12...Now I need go go find some of those Thousands of Airshow Photos

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...