soo..
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > soo..

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ReeseD951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 11
Default soo..

I'm down at the range over this past weekend shooting trap with 4-H. this kid about 4' 8" picks up a 12 gauge pump action. and it gets Even Better. His turn is up, he calls for the bird, and i watch his stance. He isn't leaning forward oh no. he's leaning Backwards just so he can hold the gun. He fires and falls on his ass. Made my day. oh and 3 little black birds fly by my clay and i shot them on accident. got kicked out for the day

Attached picture of trap house 1. nice place eh?

dsc_4425.jpg  
__________________

I Was Born
Six-Gun In My Hand,
Behind A Gun
Ill Make My Final Stand. -- Bad Company

ReeseD951 is offline  
 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

I don't know about you but what would of made my day would have been helping the kid out and teaching him proper stance and technique. Meh, maybe I'm just weird.

__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I don't know about you but what would of made my day would have been helping the kid out and teaching him proper stance and technique. Meh, maybe I'm just weird.
I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah.

My son can shoot my mossberg 12 guage 500 pretty good. He just turned 8yrs old in August.

The range does look nice though. Don't fall......
__________________
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseD951 View Post
I'm down at the range over this past weekend shooting trap with 4-H. this kid about 4' 8" picks up a 12 gauge pump action. and it gets Even Better. His turn is up, he calls for the bird, and i watch his stance. He isn't leaning forward oh no. he's leaning Backwards just so he can hold the gun. He fires and falls on his ass. Made my day. oh and 3 little black birds fly by my clay and i shot them on accident. got kicked out for the day

Attached picture of trap house 1. nice place eh?
And this is thread worthy, how?

Name:  why.gif
Views: 113
Size:  2.4 KB
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Robert NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mooresville,North Carolina
Posts: 193
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

The only time I ever laughed when someone got put on their butt was the first time my kid brother shot my 8MM Mauser years ago. Picked him up rearranged his stance and got him to shooting fairly well. Proud of him then and still am. Young ones need all the help we can give them I believe.

__________________
God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG
Robert NC is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jwhirl413's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 282
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert NC View Post
Young ones need all the help we can give them I believe.
+100
love the earnhart avatar!
__________________

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

jwhirl413 is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah.

My son can shoot my mossberg 12 guage 500 pretty good. He just turned 8yrs old in August.

The range does look nice though. Don't fall......
I was thinking the same thing, I was shooting a 12 ga at 10 with no problems.
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The woods,Arkansas
Posts: 3,415
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseD951 View Post
I'm down at the range over this past weekend shooting trap with 4-H. this kid about 4' 8" picks up a 12 gauge pump action. and it gets Even Better. His turn is up, he calls for the bird, and i watch his stance. He isn't leaning forward oh no. he's leaning Backwards just so he can hold the gun. He fires and falls on his ass. Made my day. oh and 3 little black birds fly by my clay and i shot them on accident. got kicked out for the day

Attached picture of trap house 1. nice place eh?
Why didn't you help the kid? Nice job, keep up the good work....
__________________
suprdave is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrJason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hartford,CT
Posts: 532
Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Why didn't you help the kid? Nice job, keep up the good work....

Totally agree with you suprdave.

Totally not cool dude.


BTW, suprdave....just noticed your quote, gotta love Monty Python
__________________
DrJason is offline  
 
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The woods,Arkansas
Posts: 3,415
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
Totally agree with you suprdave.

Totally not cool dude.


BTW, suprdave....just noticed your quote, gotta love Monty Python
It's immature. All Reese accomplished is making a young man feel inferior, and set him back(in terms of skeet and trap training). If Reese would have helped, a kid would have had a smile on his face and I wouldn't want to put Reese over my knee.
__________________
suprdave is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes