Sons of Guns, what's your opinion? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sons of Guns, what's your opinion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

there is only so much dazzle you can throw out on a weekly basis. Discovery should offer it as a package with four or five other shows and rotate them out each week. give them some time to work instead of hobbling things together Mythbuster style. feature R. Lee Ermey one week, Garry James with a historical piece the next and so on.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #22

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyeborn View Post
I find them an embarrassment to gun owners and gunsmiths
I have not seen one thing I would want to own on that show
And I have 3 tarus revolvers
You have three Taurus revolvers and you wouldn’t own a MG-42, M2, AK, Saiga, M16, 1919 or a Tommy gun….there have been a couple lame things but damn you need to reevaluate you priorities.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
And I'm sorry but no matter what you do to the gun the 7.62x39 will never be a 1000 yard cartridge! The 7.62x51 NATO barely is which is why the Army is going to a 7.62x63 (.300 Win Mag) sniper rifle.
I was talking about this episode with a friend at work. I said, "Did you notice that you never saw them fire it?"

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

they were trying to pull the wool over the viewing public's eye by saying the daughter (forgive me not remembering her name) was shooting a Desert Eagle...when in fact they switched it out for a Beretta 9mm.
The channel that hosts the show (Discovery?? History?? Whichever...) scrubbed the episode from their website due to all the mail/calls/inquiries about the switch. The video has also been taken down from places like YouTube and Google video from Sons of Guns blocking it for copyright infringement.
Even the still frame picture captured from a screen shot to prove it's a Beretta has been taken down.
However...
(shhh!! They missed one!!) Here ya go for as long as it's still under the radar: Sons Of Guns Derptastic Deagle Episode

Questions I had after seeing that were;
1) the "owner" of the Desert Eagle said she really liked the gun, except for its size, its power, and its awkwardness...but wouldn't that mean you (in fact) do NOT like the gun??

2) Isn't it illegal to put a stock on a handgun without lots of FBI/BATFE paperwork and $$ for special tax stamps? Can you really just log it in as a repair and walk out with it modified like that?? I sure didn't think so...

3) If you did, in fact, own a Desert Eagle (and stated how much you like it), wouldn't you know how much of a bang was coming when the trigger was pulled so you wouldn't necessarily "jump out of your skin" when standing behind someone shooting it (like the "owner" did)?

4) I'm no marks(wo)man, but can you really hit the bull like that when shutting BOTH eyes BEFORE pulling the trigger?

The follow up to this is being played out two different ways, apparently.
One is that on the daughter's FaceBook page, it was stated that she actually did injure herself when attempting to shoot the Desert Eagle (although, it did not say *how*).
The other (which sort of ties in) is that they substituted the Beretta to keep continuity for the shot so they would still be able to use the footage of the scene for the show...and they are calling it an "editing mistake".

Either way it is (or isn't), I was of the opinion that the DE owner really was not an owner of that firearm (and maybe even NO firearms?) and that opinion is enhanced after reading this article. (Sorry, peeps...there is no Santa Claus).

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

take it for what it is "gun entertainment" . just like wrestling is "sports entertainment. sit back and enjoy the show. if you don't like it tell the warden it's " cruel and unusual" punishment. prison is the reason ya'll cant use the remote isn't it?

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9550 Times on 4109 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Sure, you can add a shoulder stock to a handgun. However, if the final product does not have a 16 inch barrel, AND be at least 26" overall, you have just built a "Short Barreled Rifle"- and if you have not registered it with the BATFE as a Class III firearm BEFORE you build it, you are going to jail.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
and if you have not registered it with the BATFE as a Class III firearm BEFORE you build it, you are going to jail.
This is what I'm talking about ^.
That "owner" just walked right in off the street and by the end of the segment was getting a work order written up. NO mention of legalities. If someone wasn't paying attention to the "don't try this at home, kids" disclaimer before the show starts...they are gonna step in doo-doo.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

That video reminded me of the episode description where this show jumped the shark. Who in their right mind would think adding a taser to an AR is a good idea?

Oops. Wrong trigger. Umm, can someone call the meat wagon for this disorderly drunk and wipe the video in the squad car?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like Red Jacket and "Sons Of Guns". I have dealt with them and was treated great. I have also talked with Will several times on UZI talk, he posts on there almost everyday. He is a good guy.

What you see on the show is about 1/4 of what really goes on at Red Jacket.
Will does not like most of the crap that the producers and editors do on the show. Will is building a business and the show is there for the ride. He is much more interested in making good guns than his Fame from Sons of Guns.

Check out my Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/1crimm

Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6014 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

That whole desert eagle thing is just proof they dont know a damn thing about actual firearms usage. Ive tought women who were 5'7" to shoot the de50 safely. Its a matter of technique and the person willing to listen. If you can handle a 357 magnum revolver you can handle a de50 if you follow directions.

The cast on that show appear to be knowitall types who know only a very limited bit.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...