Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Sons of Guns, what's your opinion? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sons-guns-whats-your-opinion-47949/)

indyfan 09-08-2011 02:57 AM

Sons of Guns, what's your opinion?

I've been watching Sons of Guns for quite some time now and I'm starting to notice a degrade in both the show quality and show ideas.

It went from doing great episodes which featured suppressing AK-47's integrally to stupid crap like making chrome guns and blowing up ****.

I mean I'm grateful we've got shows like these to introduce firearm knowledge to people who've never held a gun, but some of the people on the show are pretty ignorant. I don't want the World to assume that all firearm owners are retards who duct tape AK-47s together and shoot random crap.

What do you all think of the show? do you even watch it?

wickedins4nity 09-08-2011 03:08 AM

I really enjoyed the first few episodes when they came out...and then they started taking credit on "inventing" things that have already previously been done. He seems to believe he owns the only custom gun shop in the world, and I don't believe that to be the case. I have since stopped watching the show.

freefall 09-08-2011 03:27 AM

I do not feel that they bring credit to the gun-owning community. Or to put it in plumberese, "I think they're a bunch of swelled-headed butt-plugs".

TimL2952 09-08-2011 04:02 AM

at first it was a decent show...now they got these guys choppin and painting and destroying historic firearms, blowing stuff up, actin like retards, and now they're throwing a love story in cuz that one guy wants to ask out the owner's daughter.....

History Channel should make new episodes of "Tales of the Gun." That is all....

texaswoodworker 09-08-2011 04:17 AM

It's ok. The chromed gun was a bit much. (that episode is accually on right now). I did like the suppressed shotgun and the 12ga gatling gun. I didn't like how they modified that desert eagle with a rifle stock. If she can't handle the gun, get a smaller gun or learn how to handle it.

IGETEVEN 09-08-2011 04:17 AM

It sucks!

I rather watch Larry the Cable Guy's show than watch those bunch of firearm's clowns! :rolleyes:

steve666 09-08-2011 12:12 PM

They keep "inventing" stuff that already has a better version out there on the market.
Twin watercooled M16's - how about an air-cooled M249?
A 410 zip gun for alligators - how about a Taurus Judge?
A fold up sub-gun that looks like a radio - how about the Magpul FMG 9, the Ares FMG, or the Goblin?
A shotgun/Taser - how about Taser shotgun shells?
And I'm sorry but no matter what you do to the gun the 7.62x39 will never be a 1000 yard cartridge! The 7.62x51 NATO barely is which is why the Army is going to a 7.62x63 (.300 Win Mag) sniper rifle.

orangello 09-08-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 576709)
at first it was a decent show...now they got these guys choppin and painting and destroying historic firearms, blowing stuff up, actin like retards, and now they're throwing a love story in cuz that one guy wants to ask out the owner's daughter.....

Yup, the love interest is what finally just blew it for me.

ScottA 09-08-2011 12:56 PM

You just reminded me that I need to take it off my DVR schedule.

It was interesting for a little while.

Jay 09-08-2011 02:52 PM

I think they're simply cowboys, that got a little attention. I have a friend who called 'em to inquire about their 1911, and friend said the lady that answered the phone had to be among the most rude people out there.

I hope I'm not viewed as "like that" by folks who enjoy firearms.