"Sons of Guns" show on Discovery

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Sons of Guns" show on Discovery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default "Sons of Guns" show on Discovery

I've been watching the Mythbusters marathon on Discovery Channel today and have noticed a lot of promos for a new show starting later this month called "Sons of Guns" about a custom gun shop, googled it and apparently it's about a shop in Baton Rouge, LA called Red Jacket Firearms.......I'll be curious to catch an episode to see if its any good.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

with the success of topshot hopefully we will see more firearm friendly programming. i hope this one doesnt suck.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I believe these are the guys building Tiger McKee's signature version of the AR. They should know what they're doing.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
with the success of topshot hopefully we will see more firearm friendly programming. i hope this one doesnt suck.
I hear ya, I liked Topshot on History Channel, thought it was very interesting with the various and historical guns and other weapons, some of it was a bit cheesy but overall well done show......I just hope this show doesn't end up making the gun guys look like wacko's or d-bags

Old 01-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #5

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

what?! programs on tv that dont show shooters only being homicidal maniacs with mental problems?! liberal blasphemy lol

But in all serious, great to have shows that satisfy my viewing pleasure haha

I used to remember wakin up early every sunday to watch "Tales of the Gun" on the history channel....now all they have are lumberjacks and stupid shows..

Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #6

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
what?! programs on tv that don't show shooters only being homicidal maniacs with mental problems?! liberal blasphemy lol

But in all serious, great to have shows that satisfy my viewing pleasure haha

I used to remember wakin up early every Sunday to watch "Tales of the Gun" on the history channel....now all they have are lumberjacks and stupid shows..
"Tales of the Gun" now plays on History International, along with a lot of other shows that were at one time on the basic History channel. Typically comes on some time between 6 am and 9 am EST, ever really payed too much attention.

Great show though!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

When is this new show supposed to start?

I hope they don't turn it into some Orange County Chopper bull manure.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
When is this new show supposed to start?

I hope they don't turn it into some Orange County Chopper bull manure.
I believe the 1st episode is on Jan. 26th.......and I totally agree on the OCC comment, it sounds like that show has turned into a soap opera

Old 01-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to enjoy OCC, but after the first season it turned into lameness and stupidity.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Jan 26 is the first show. Looks like it has the possiability of being good. Sp it will more than likely SUCK ASS.

OCC I still watch so I can laugh at them all. Have you ever seen biker build off? How come Paul sr. or Jr. have never been invited to do that? Oh yah because they would get their asses handed to them on a chrome platter with Harley pipes and handle bars.

Voodoo Choppers:Handcrafted Machines

Finchs Custom Styled Cycles

Projects

Kendall Johnson Customs / High Horsepower Engines, Parts and Custom Bikes

That isn't even pulling out the big guns either. Arlen Ness could take OCC's bike and build circles around them. Been doing it longer bigger better and faster than OCC ever will.....