Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   "Sons of Guns" show on Discovery (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sons-guns-show-discovery-36304/)

DrJason 01-01-2011 10:13 PM

"Sons of Guns" show on Discovery

I've been watching the Mythbusters marathon on Discovery Channel today and have noticed a lot of promos for a new show starting later this month called "Sons of Guns" about a custom gun shop, googled it and apparently it's about a shop in Baton Rouge, LA called Red Jacket Firearms.......I'll be curious to catch an episode to see if its any good.

JonM 01-01-2011 10:25 PM

with the success of topshot hopefully we will see more firearm friendly programming. i hope this one doesnt suck.

freefall 01-02-2011 04:20 AM

I believe these are the guys building Tiger McKee's signature version of the AR. They should know what they're doing.

DrJason 01-02-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 413044)
with the success of topshot hopefully we will see more firearm friendly programming. i hope this one doesnt suck.

I hear ya, I liked Topshot on History Channel, thought it was very interesting with the various and historical guns and other weapons, some of it was a bit cheesy but overall well done show......I just hope this show doesn't end up making the gun guys look like wacko's or d-bags

TimL2952 01-02-2011 05:14 PM

what?! programs on tv that dont show shooters only being homicidal maniacs with mental problems?! liberal blasphemy lol

But in all serious, great to have shows that satisfy my viewing pleasure haha

I used to remember wakin up early every sunday to watch "Tales of the Gun" on the history channel....now all they have are lumberjacks and stupid shows..

BigByrd47119 01-02-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 413530)
what?! programs on tv that don't show shooters only being homicidal maniacs with mental problems?! liberal blasphemy lol

But in all serious, great to have shows that satisfy my viewing pleasure haha

I used to remember wakin up early every Sunday to watch "Tales of the Gun" on the history channel....now all they have are lumberjacks and stupid shows..

"Tales of the Gun" now plays on History International, along with a lot of other shows that were at one time on the basic History channel. Typically comes on some time between 6 am and 9 am EST, ever really payed too much attention.

Great show though!

CA357 01-03-2011 12:06 AM

When is this new show supposed to start?

I hope they don't turn it into some Orange County Chopper bull manure.

DrJason 01-03-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 413787)
When is this new show supposed to start?

I hope they don't turn it into some Orange County Chopper bull manure.

I believe the 1st episode is on Jan. 26th.......and I totally agree on the OCC comment, it sounds like that show has turned into a soap opera :rolleyes:

CA357 01-03-2011 12:28 AM

I used to enjoy OCC, but after the first season it turned into lameness and stupidity.

cpttango30 01-03-2011 12:41 AM

Jan 26 is the first show. Looks like it has the possiability of being good. Sp it will more than likely SUCK ASS.

OCC I still watch so I can laugh at them all. Have you ever seen biker build off? How come Paul sr. or Jr. have never been invited to do that? Oh yah because they would get their asses handed to them on a chrome platter with Harley pipes and handle bars.

Voodoo Choppers:Handcrafted Machines

Finchs Custom Styled Cycles

Projects

Kendall Johnson Customs / High Horsepower Engines, Parts and Custom Bikes

That isn't even pulling out the big guns either. Arlen Ness could take OCC's bike and build circles around them. Been doing it longer bigger better and faster than OCC ever will.....