Sons of guns and American guns off air???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sons of guns and American guns off air???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default Sons of guns and American guns off air???

Not sure ware to post this.

My brother just called and asked me if I have heard that sons of guns and American guns was taken off the air. Due to all the shootings.

He said he and some friends was talking about it. He asked me if it was true or not. Anybody know?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 75

They are off, and it might be a cold day in Hell before I watch another Discovery Channel program.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat
They are off, and it might be a cold day in Hell before I watch another Discovery Channel program.
I'm with you on that.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I have stopped watching discovery channel. I didnt really care about the shows they cancelled its just the principal of them doing it. I think its stupid and I have never seen such stupidity from liberals in the government and media in my life. If it wasnt so serious and didnt have so much of our freedom riding on it, it would be laughable. Its insanity.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #5

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I would have thought folks would be more up in arms that Discovery aired the shows to begin with

both were absurdly stupid ... people would have been better off reading a good book than watching either of those shows

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #6

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

This is the first I have heard, and I didn't like either of the shows anyways but if this is the case it still pi$$e$ me off and I will not watch anything on their network.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've watched both shows. I consider then generally silly...especially Sons of Guns...geez I couldn't stand the new son in law...what a bone head.
I did like seeing the cool guns, learning a bit about them and watching them being shot.
But the soap opera drama was more than I could stomach.
The wife on American Guns is an attractive woman and the daughter...yipes one heck of a hotty.
American Guns had some stupid appearing staff as well. I often thought about the negative impression these shows give to non gun people...just a bunch of idiots playing with dangerous toys...sheesh.
I'll not miss the shows very much but did send an email to Discovery stating that I'll never watch another show and will try not to buy from any sponsors and telling sponsors of my decision.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #8

Liked 4445 Times on 2202 Posts
Likes Given: 956

They should quit showing Les Miserables. It has guns... It's about revolution.

We should also ban the history channel, most of the worlds history is out of a barrel of a gun...

Or how about quit making these scumbags famous.
I was in the checkout line the other day and that scumbag was on the front cover if quite a few magazines. I was wondering how many nut jobs are inspired now...

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #9

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

It sucked but still-----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #10

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
I'll not miss the shows very much but did send an email to Discovery stating that I'll never watch another show and will try not to buy from any sponsors and telling sponsors of my decision.
I agree on the quality of the shows, I couldn't stand American Guns from day one, hot women or not the show is stupid, Sons of Guns I could tolerate a little more even though I feel they area all boneheads as well and the daughter is a complete idiot. That said I don't agree with removing shows because their content disagrees with a minority liberal political opinon. Where did you find the email for Discovery, I looked for that and couldn't find it anywhere on their page, shoot it my way of give me a link to it if you would so I can express my displeasure as well. If they should take a show off the air, it should be Amish Mafia, imho this show is ridiculous and I cannot see it being true to real Amish communities, this show does nothing positive for gun owners either, when you have a Mennanite getting pi$$ed off and shooting a guys car with a shotgun because he got in an accident with an Amish buggy and was kinda a dick about it, it doesn't reflect well on gun owners, he should have called the police.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012