Sons of Guns - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Sons of Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10716 Times on 4638 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Suppose we can get a 3 way cage match going? The staff from Pawn Stars, Red Jacket, and OC Choppers- shove them all in a dog kennel, and simply ignore them after that?

The Boob Tube went belly up- I REALLY had to think about whether I want to buy another one. When I find myself watching I Love Lucy and Gilligan's Island because it is better than the new shows, it is time to turn off the tube, and go find a gun that needs cleaning.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'd just as soon give them a gun & watch them get it over with! That's reality TV right there! Oh, & no I wouldn't send my gun to them for repair or customization even if I was rich enough! I know too many far superior gunsmiths for that crap.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #23

Liked 1415 Times on 837 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Suppose we can get a 3 way cage match going? The staff from Pawn Stars, Red Jacket, and OC Choppers- shove them all in a dog kennel, and simply ignore them after that?

The Boob Tube went belly up- I REALLY had to think about whether I want to buy another one. When I find myself watching I Love Lucy and Gilligan's Island because it is better than the new shows, it is time to turn off the tube, and go find a gun that needs cleaning.
Don't lump the pawn star guys in with the others. They don't claim to be artisans creating works of art or commodities. They are upfront with their customers and only act as middlemen and they seem way less douchey than most reality stars.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #24
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Don't lump the pawn star guys in with the others. They don't claim to be artisans creating works of art or commodities. They are upfront with their customers and only act as middlemen and they seem way less douchey than most reality stars.
"Seem" is the operative word here!

all the "the guys that know something about this" they "bring in" are actually the guys supplying the "items for sale" to make the show somewhat entertaining.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #25

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
actually, since we bring up Pawnstars, they're the biggest phonies of them all as far as TV shows go.

Many many articles written like this one, but this one is, in my opinion, by far the best

http://centraltendencies.com/2011/03/pawn-stars-is-fake/

Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #26

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

since Pawn Stars was mentioned, I gotta say I have never in my life ran across anyone as lazy as Corey "Fat Hoss" and ChumLee. I saw a episode a couple weeks back were they went somewhere to look at an old 1920s or 30s cash register, they bought the thing. The dude said it weighed like 150 lbs, so rather than the 2 of them each lifting 75 lbs and throwin it in the truck, they said Oh we aint liftin that, I'll send someone by to pick it up. I'd be embarrassed to call myself a man if I did that on TV. Then I saw one where ChumLee and that big black dude that works security there took this huge organ speaker in a cabinet in to some dude to fix it up. ChumLee made the black guy carry the damn thing by himself all the way to the guys garage, Antwan I believe is the security guard's name, good thing hes a big dude, cuz ChumLee is a lazy sack of s**t, Antwan even said "you should be helpin me man" Chumlee ignored him. If I was Antwan I would have dropped the damn thing and smashed the hell outta it.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

We may as well mention the Storage Wars if we're talking about stupid ars shows & don't forget the guys from Lizard Lick towing!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah none of them irritate me as much as that fatf..k Corey! Rick shoulda beat his ass more often, I'm sure of it.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #29

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet8
We may as well mention the Storage Wars if we're talking about stupid ars shows & don't forget the guys from Lizard Lick towing!
Those damn towing shows arent worth the air time it takes to put them on tv. Such a waste of money. Now one stupid show that amuses me is the call of the wildman. That show is so stupid it keeps you watching it

20120105_165225-1.jpg

LIVE ACTION!!!! TURTLE MAN STYLE!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #30

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I would love to watch that, actually. I could just see it now: Jr and Sr get into a fight while Will stands around and Kris plucks at his gui-tar. The old man is watching it all from his computer, while Chumlee and Big Hoss set on their big asses eating cake.

Then Jesse James rides in on his custom bike and blows them all to hell, takes Wills gun, tries to pawn it, but Rick offers him $5.00 because "the market just isn't very strong on this right now" and they end the episode right there, to be continued next season when the guys from Pickers show up to wade through the carnage only to find it's all been put away in a big storage warehouse guarded by Dog the bounty hunter.

American TV at its finest.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-05-2012 at 12:58 AM.