Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sons of Guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

A lot of what you don't see is laying on the floor of the cutting room. It is called editing. These guys do what they do and they are good at it. Are they the best bunch of guys to be reping us to the world. Not really, but they are a lot better than some out there.

I am sure they just didn't kick the couple looking for a HD gun right out the door. In fact I seen one episode where they sent a lady to a gun store for training and to buy a gun. Red Jacket I do believe deals only in Class III items. The owner and the main gunsmith are smart and knowledgeable about what they do. I would have NO PROBLEM letting them build me a can or working on my Class III Firearm.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #12

Liked 1038 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

I would imagine it is more difficult to find a gun shop willing to allow cameras behind the scenes than a bike shop. If the BATFE sees an episode and decides they didn't follow all the laws to the letter they could lose their FFL in a heartbeat or be arrested. Remember they have to worry about federal, state and local laws and we all know how confusing they can be.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I would imagine it is more difficult to find a gun shop willing to allow cameras behind the scenes than a bike shop. If the BATFE sees an episode and decides they didn't follow all the laws to the letter they could lose their FFL in a heartbeat or be arrested. Remember they have to worry about federal, state and local laws and we all know how confusing they can be.
Great point Yunus....

Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #14

Default It's Discovery, what did you expect?

I’m sure that RJF is a fine company for what they are(they are to firearms manufacturing what rim shops are to the automotive industry), I just have a problem with Discovery, they edit it so much that it makes it look like anyone can walk in and buy a Class III or NFA weapon. I’ve only seen on two episodes any hint that there are additional forms and fees, not to mention waiting periods for those weapons.

And has anyone noticed that on the Masterkey episode that Marko is a SWAT officer, and then on the Katyusha launcher episode, Marko is an “Independent Contractor”? Totally staged and scripted. I’m not even gonna go into “DB” the “Independent Contractor” on the Remote turret episode.

Like I said, I’m sure RJF is a fine company, I just can’t get over how edited to an agenda this show is. Discovery is owned by a very left leaning company, their CEO donating tons of money to gun ban supporting politicians.

This show just adds fuel to the fire by showing a bunch of non professional shooters and unsafe practices.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I like it, I think it brings firearms and issues associated with them to a friendlier place, having a face (a cute one too, the girl) is a positive move for gun issues.

That being said, why act? You're gunsmiths.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #16

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I havn't seen the American Chopper video till I watched it on here...How...STUPID.....A handle-bar gun with Flames......I havn't seen a few of the video's on here........

Old 10-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #17

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

...And this show is starting to get old also...Again maybe it's me...but I know I'll catch myself watching-it again so I'll put-it in the channel surfing section...You know the channels you jump to when a comerchall is on....