Sons of Guns?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sons of Guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sons of Guns?

Of late I have gotten hooked on the Sons of Guns show on Discovery.
Sons of Guns : Discovery Channel

I blame this all on gun show promoter Bob Pucci who first told me about the show. Have the rest of you seen it as of yet?

http://thecgacompany.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've seen it.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've seen them all.
Its more of the producers making sure they have people doing stupid/cool **** to make a good show, as opposed to a show where **** just happens like OCC.

You can tell every line that comes out of anyones mouth has been repeated a dozen times until its up-to-par with the producer. Kinda sucks, but they stuff they are building is why I watch the show.

The suppressed AK was impressive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #4

I personally am not a fan of the show. I think the show irresponsibility when it comes to firearms (like shooting flares off over the business across the street), their lack of interest in educating people wanting a handgun for Self-defense (they just run the people out of the shop) and their "no one has done it before" attitude about themselves. I also think that they can be equated to a 16 year old playing in a grown mans game. This is evidenced by the multiple "government contractors" that they "invent" "new" weapon systems for.

That's just this man's opinion on the show.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

seems over dramatized to me. i like shows that dont have to try to have the moron segments in it. kinda like axemen you got those two groups of morons one in the swamp and that old coot and his son.

you cant fake stupid.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
seems over dramatized to me. i like shows that dont have to try to have the moron segments in it. kinda like axemen you got those two groups of morons one in the swamp and that old coot and his son.

you cant fake stupid.
I watched the first season of "Axemen", but it became more apparent that these guys are like a bunch of grade school drop-outs doing an incredibly dangerous job. Why is it that tv producers are always promoting these kinds of shows?
I guess it's too hard to come up with a show with "adults" who can do their jobs, without constant in-fighting, and chest thumping. But that wouldn't sell, would it?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #7

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
I personally am not a fan of the show. I think the show irresponsibility when it comes to firearms (like shooting flares off over the business across the street), their lack of interest in educating people wanting a handgun for Self-defense (they just run the people out of the shop) and their "no one has done it before" attitude about themselves. I also think that they can be equated to a 16 year old playing in a grown mans game. This is evidenced by the multiple "government contractors" that they "invent" "new" weapon systems for. That's just this man's opinion on the show.

yeah, exactly! with "all" the "sales" he's making with the quantity and price tags, he should be a millionaire with @least 10 or 20 more workers. he's just an @ssho!e that doesn't "pander" (as he would prolly put it) to the "lowly" gun-owner.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #8

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

In red jackets defense they are a class 3 shop and dealer. They don't sell many regular firearms. Did you notice that the door is always locked? You don't go to them to buy a first gun you go to them to get fa and sbr's and suppressors.

That being said they do some stupid **** that they shouldn't.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
In red jackets defense they are a class 3 shop and dealer. They don't sell many regular firearms. Did you notice that the door is always locked? You don't go to them to buy a first gun you go to them to get fa and sbr's and suppressors.

That being said they do some stupid **** that they shouldn't.
That's a valid point. Of the few episodes I have seen a couple come to check out a handgun for HD and knows nothing about them. They look at a 9mm with a can. If I was a company that made a great deal of money on suppressors as they say then this demographic would be something I would not have a lot of interest in. But I would think getting them to a "more normal" shop and an instructor wold be the the thing to do.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3052 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

If I remember correctly.....

Disconvery Channel was looking for a gunsmith shop that was thought to be run a little like OCC a few years back.
If this is all they got, then it tells me that there are no "weird" small shops, but a bunch of professionals.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)