Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Sons of Guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sons-guns-39851/)

Thomas Carey 03-16-2011 02:24 AM

Sons of Guns?

Of late I have gotten hooked on the Sons of Guns show on Discovery.
Sons of Guns : Discovery Channel

I blame this all on gun show promoter Bob Pucci who first told me about the show. Have the rest of you seen it as of yet?

freefall 03-16-2011 04:04 AM

I've seen it.

dnthmn2004 03-16-2011 04:15 AM

I've seen them all.
Its more of the producers making sure they have people doing stupid/cool **** to make a good show, as opposed to a show where **** just happens like OCC.

You can tell every line that comes out of anyones mouth has been repeated a dozen times until its up-to-par with the producer. Kinda sucks, but they stuff they are building is why I watch the show.

The suppressed AK was impressive.

gruntpain1775 03-16-2011 04:35 AM

I personally am not a fan of the show. I think the show irresponsibility when it comes to firearms (like shooting flares off over the business across the street), their lack of interest in educating people wanting a handgun for Self-defense (they just run the people out of the shop) and their "no one has done it before" attitude about themselves. I also think that they can be equated to a 16 year old playing in a grown mans game. This is evidenced by the multiple "government contractors" that they "invent" "new" weapon systems for.

That's just this man's opinion on the show.

JonM 03-16-2011 04:41 AM

seems over dramatized to me. i like shows that dont have to try to have the moron segments in it. kinda like axemen you got those two groups of morons one in the swamp and that old coot and his son.

you cant fake stupid.

Harleygunner 03-16-2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 465779)
seems over dramatized to me. i like shows that dont have to try to have the moron segments in it. kinda like axemen you got those two groups of morons one in the swamp and that old coot and his son.

you cant fake stupid.

I watched the first season of "Axemen", but it became more apparent that these guys are like a bunch of grade school drop-outs doing an incredibly dangerous job. Why is it that tv producers are always promoting these kinds of shows?
I guess it's too hard to come up with a show with "adults" who can do their jobs, without constant in-fighting, and chest thumping. But that wouldn't sell, would it?

USEBOTHHANDS 03-16-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 (Post 465775)
I personally am not a fan of the show. I think the show irresponsibility when it comes to firearms (like shooting flares off over the business across the street), their lack of interest in educating people wanting a handgun for Self-defense (they just run the people out of the shop) and their "no one has done it before" attitude about themselves. I also think that they can be equated to a 16 year old playing in a grown mans game. This is evidenced by the multiple "government contractors" that they "invent" "new" weapon systems for. That's just this man's opinion on the show.

yeah, exactly! with "all" the "sales" he's making with the quantity and price tags, he should be a millionaire with @least 10 or 20 more workers. he's just an @ssho!e that doesn't "pander" (as he would prolly put it) to the "lowly" gun-owner.

cpttango30 03-16-2011 09:12 AM

In red jackets defense they are a class 3 shop and dealer. They don't sell many regular firearms. Did you notice that the door is always locked? You don't go to them to buy a first gun you go to them to get fa and sbr's and suppressors.

That being said they do some stupid **** that they shouldn't.

DrumJunkie 03-16-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 465848)
In red jackets defense they are a class 3 shop and dealer. They don't sell many regular firearms. Did you notice that the door is always locked? You don't go to them to buy a first gun you go to them to get fa and sbr's and suppressors.

That being said they do some stupid **** that they shouldn't.

That's a valid point. Of the few episodes I have seen a couple come to check out a handgun for HD and knows nothing about them. They look at a 9mm with a can. If I was a company that made a great deal of money on suppressors as they say then this demographic would be something I would not have a lot of interest in. But I would think getting them to a "more normal" shop and an instructor wold be the the thing to do.

danf_fl 03-16-2011 10:43 AM

If I remember correctly.....

Disconvery Channel was looking for a gunsmith shop that was thought to be run a little like OCC a few years back.
If this is all they got, then it tells me that there are no "weird" small shops, but a bunch of professionals.