Sometimes good things do happen to people - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Sometimes good things do happen to people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Man that's so cool !!

Congrads opaww enjoy the windfall !!

O and a word to the wise take a look at your projected yearly income and tax debt for it and make sure before they cut you a check they hold out enough in taxes both Federal and State that you are sure you'll get money back and not find out you owe them bloodsuckers at the IRS .

We are almost at the end of the year .

Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #12

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I have no income and have had none for the last 4 years, so any moneys payed out in taxes I should break even or get a little back. They hold out the tax before I get the moneys so I am cool with that.

I just want my dreaded black gun. Which I will get as soon as the money is in hand which should be Monday. Then the next day I go buy one of the Black Guns I want. After I get it I will try and post some pics of them.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That is super cool, indeed! You will have to pay taxes on those winnings, so you really got about $8k to $9k in winnings. I think I'd donate a grand to a charity, buy two grand in firearms and ammo, let the wife use a grand for whatever she wants/needs, then pay bills with the rest.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I have no income and have had none for the last 4 years, so any moneys payed out in taxes I should break even or get a little back. They hold out the tax before I get the moneys so I am cool with that...
The cool thing is you'll get a nice tax return, if you don't have any income. A good chunk of that money they hold from the winnings should come back to you next spring...