Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Something bugging me of late !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17348

Default Something bugging me of late !

Pertaining to all the "Conspiracies" through the proverbial "grape-vine" and the "WHAT and WHY-FOR,S" how do you relate:--->

(Entia non sunt multicanada praeter necessitatem) to all of this ? It may very well be the Hypotheses , PARADIGM) , we all search for , YES ? ...!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

I relate that let us not be fooled by the deception going on! The the liberal Democrats have launched an "All out Attack" on our Second Amendment and Constitutional Rights! And I am sure with the encouragement of the UN a George Soros who are helpping to supporting it. It may require us to take a real and focused tough stand! Like the young military officer did in a meeting in Illinois this week. Hopefully someone will find the incident that was filmed and post it here on the Forum! And waht is scary with two more possible appointees by Obama to the Supreme Court could they possibly overturn the previous decision that we have the Right to Keep and Bear arms? That is a question? It is something that I am concerned about. The vote was close the last time. The Liberal Media, Hollywood, the anti gun folks and others have very clearly launched an all our war on us the law abiding gun owner. I hope the President ends up shoving some of it up their "Well"! But I am sure even he is going to restrict our rights somehow some way no doubt. Let's punish the law abiding American Citizens not the crimiinal or address the real problems which is elements of society and mental illness. Hell No! It's the guns in law abiding citizens and their possession of weapons. I do not recall the Second Amendment specifing which guns we can or can not possess! On this one we better stand and fight via law suits the courts and other options. In my opinion, What they are going to do by thier stupidity or agenda is make law abiding citizens criminals over night! Like voting those involved out in the Congress in two years lest they forget!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 01-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.
eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have given all things considerable thought!! Will I "Baaaaah" go down like a
sheep , or , will I go out in a ball of flames branded a terrorist..?

I plea the (FIFTH AMENDMENT)..! Shhhh...!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I know , I can be a smart ass at times , but then
you also have a gentleman asking questions pertaining to "Boolean,s Logic"..!

That would be Sherlock Holmes crap , deductive thinking.
Entia non sunt multicanada praeter necessitatem.

Like for example: a given situation,cause and effect,possibilities,validity and one comes to these theories and Hypothesis !

Those garbled words mean:Everything should be made as simple as possible , but not simpler. Applied to a give situation and obtainable data of that particular situation , by science , logic , physics experience and some times , plain old common sense.

Conspiracies fascinate me and I am like a child when it comes to curiosity.
Never stop wondering and asking.........!

Last edited by dango; 01-24-2013 at 12:29 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20884 Times on 11872 Posts
Likes Given: 52436

Dango, never stop questioning! never settle for a less than honest answer with facts or evidence that supports that answer. those who continually question until they get factual answers and find the truth will never be sheep in a wolf's world!

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8617 Times on 3734 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence," returned my companion, bitterly. "The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done?"

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

"It is a capital mistake to theorise in advance of the facts."

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There in lies the base problem , where do we find factual data ? Media , the net,
news papers ? Two sides to a coin but how do we pry that coin over when there are the weight of thousands of eyes upon it ?

We may never know the facts. Speculation is what I am reduced to myself.
Like Doctors , professional guessers at best..!

Last edited by dango; 01-24-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 652 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence," returned my companion, bitterly. "The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done?"

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

"It is a capital mistake to theorise in advance of the facts."

“….The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done?"

Believing this is how the political world operates is what gives rise to the numerous ‘conspiracy theories,’ some of which are more plausible than the ‘facts' presented.

“...It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

I tend to believe that this is where some of the ‘facts’ originate in the first place. Witness Sandy Hook.
‘Facts’ as presented sometimes appear to be exactly opposite from other ‘facts,’ and in some cases are so obviously wrong as to cast doubt even when real facts do emerge.

“….It is a capital mistake to theorise in advance of the facts."

Correct on the face of it…if the ‘facts’ presented are solid, backed up by evidence that corroborates the conclusion. What we get too many times are desired conclusions presented as ‘facts’ in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Can we say that what really came down at Benghazi has been fully explained…or has there been a cover-up?

Can we say we know what happened at Sandy Hook. Someone knows! Why all the conflicting ‘facts?’ What really happened? Were there handguns? Was there an AR-15? Was there another shooter? Etc, etc…...

That no one in authority will step forward and lay it out in a factual matter is what causes ‘conspiracies’ to thrive.

Back in the day the daily paper or the ‘Evening News’ was our only connection to national and world events and it was fairly easy to snow the public as to what was happening. I, for one, never realized at the time that all the ‘news’ was coming from two or three wire services that pretty much determined what was reported…and the political slant of the reporting.

With the advent of the Internet, now all bets are off. There are almost unlimited sources of information on any given subject. Granted, some of it is incorrect, even downright lies…but some can be the reality.

The trick is to sift through different sources and determine what might be the ‘facts.’ What is the most believable. What makes the most sense,considering all that has been written.

And, of course, what I personally believe or don’t believe changes absolutely nothing. BUT…..being aware of the several sides of any given situation just might keep me from being blind-sided one day by some XO or Congressional Act that descends out of the blue and changes in one fell swoop the whole way of life for all of us.

And, in the meantime, following the various ‘theories’ keeps my mind active….and…if one of my theories turns out to be not a theory at all, but the real deal, it will give me great personal satisfaction!

ellis
Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

^Give that man a bullet,no cigar,smokin's bad for you!

Scary,Eeeck! You sound like me Eeeck! You (Grey-matter) Mo-Fo!
(smiley-face)!

Last edited by dango; 01-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Finding "facts" is easy. Its the interpretation of those facts, that lead to whatever theories that are in question. Numerology was once a valid science because the argument can be made that math is a universal language and it can't lie. The problem isn't with the numbers adding up, it's the fact that so many variables (numbers) had to come together in just such a way for the "system" to work. The same holds true for conspiracy theories.

The more variables you find in any story the more fragile it becomes. If you are looking for the truth, start removing key facts presented. Can the story stand with one fact removed? Can it stand with two or three removed? The more facts that can be removed means that the complexity is low. The lower the complexity means that the truth is closer to the surface. Think of a house of cards. The lower it is to the table, the more stable it will be. The more cards you add, the more dependent the house is on each card remaining undisturbed.

Occam's razor is often quoted to state that "the simplest solution is usually the correct one" While that's not entirely accurate, what it does state is that the simplest solution should be ruled out before adding complexity. When getting to the truth of a story , you can work this concept in reverse by removing the complexity until the story falls apart. Judge for yourself if their are too many variables needed to hold the story together.

Most conspiracy theories rely on a high complexity of variables, in that so many facts have to mesh together perfectly for the story to hold up. They also usually have a high degree of implied motive, which has noting to do with facts at all. Its fun to do, and that's why they are so addictive. It's also a complete reversal of the scientific process.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson