Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Some simple pleasures (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/some-simple-pleasures-36725/)

danf_fl 01-10-2011 12:24 PM

Some simple pleasures

Trying to think positive:

I like a cool (not cold) beer on a hot summer's day.

I enjoy the sounds of birds in the morning.

Love seeing the green side of the grass when I get up.

What's yours?

winds-of-change 01-10-2011 03:07 PM

Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my granddaughter. She is the absolute love of my life. We read books, bake, play Wii MarioKart, play with her furnished doll house, sit in her tent and tell each other stories. The day she was born the whole course of my life change in a much better direction. I love her!!

Ubergopher 01-10-2011 03:12 PM

Cigar, warm clothes and a clear night away from everyone with maybe a pretty young girl for company if she doesn't ruin the silence by talking.

Dillinger 01-10-2011 03:12 PM

I love the smell and sound of Autumn. When the weather starts to cool down and the first breezes start blowing the leaves off the trees. It's great to just walk outside and listen.

I love a good, well tailored suit. I love it better when I am in the shape I was in when I got it tailored and the damn thing fits right. :o

I love coming home on a rainy, crappy, PNW winter day to the smell of the crock pot having been going all day, kicking on the fireplace and playing with the dogs.

cpttango30 01-10-2011 03:36 PM

The smell of burning rubber and the sound of screaming women.....

OOPS wrong hummmm thread.

I like the first 10 minutes of snow fall. It is such a calm silence before the police, fire and EMS start running all over.

I like the feel of recoil on a warm spring day and the sight or little furry critters blowing into pieces.

I like the sound of a crackling wood fire.

The smell of fresh from the oven SOUR DOUGH bread still steaming hot slathered in butter.

I like opening the doors and windows in the spring to feel the cool breeze blowing through the house and the sound of little bird chirping in the nest in the back yard.

Dillinger 01-10-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 419382)
The smell of fresh from the oven SOUR DOUGH bread still steaming hot slathered in butter.

Quoted for Truth!! That is a good day right there. :D

NGIB 01-10-2011 03:54 PM

At my age, waking up in the morning is something I really enjoy!

colmustard 01-10-2011 04:46 PM

I like being with family, maybe playing a board game or two. Love watching the sun rise and sun set and seeing the works of GOD across the sky like a painting no man can duplicate. I love taking drives through the country, just taking in the landscape and the feeling of freedom. I love many things and am thankfull all the time for them.:)

PS. Thanks for making me think of them, great start to my day.;)

CA357 01-10-2011 04:52 PM

Looking at my wife and realizing how beautiful she is and how blessed I am to have her in my life.

Walking late at night during a snowfall and actually hearing the snow fall.

The smell of oranges.

saviorslegacy 01-10-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubergopher (Post 419365)
Cigar, warm clothes, a camp fire and a clear night away from everyone with maybe a pretty young girl for company if she doesn't ruin the silence by talking.

*fixed
Either one is good though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 419382)
I like the feel of recoil on a warm spring day

I like the sound of a crackling wood fire.

I like opening the doors and windows in the spring to feel the cool breeze blowing through the house and the sound of little bird chirping in the nest in the back yard.

*ditto

Sitting in the woods when it is snowing and that it is so quiet you can hear the snow flakes hit the ground.

Laying by a gentle stream on a warm dry spring day .

Fishing for blue gill on a cool day.