Some question our "love" for guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Some question our "love" for guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 902 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
I came across an article last week, I think on Yahoo that basically criticized many gun ownership' deep affection for our firearms....that it went beyond self defense and tried to portray us as having some weird obsession with our guns that was not healthy.

Well, my personal response to that is YES I do love my guns, just as much as hobbyists enjoy model scale train sets, collecting coins, or playing sports like football. Our "sport, hobby, recreational activity" or whatever else you wanna call it requires a sharp mind and lots of responsibility. We invest hundreds and thousands in guns ammo and gear because we all want to shoot better, take time to care for our guns with proper maintenance and we just plain ENJOY our guns.

My guess is that the overwhelming majority of folks who criticize guns and gun owners have never handled a gun in a positive, controlled environment by a reaponsible operator. It's understandable that not everyone feels safe around guns, hopefully we can help positively change some of them, but some we cannot. They have a great fear of them because they only know what they see in the news and what they see in movies. Then they hear about some kid with extreme mental illness who commits a horrible act with a gun that they had no right possessing and think all guns are evil. Everyone in our community knows that we don't get enough positive press from most media, because they are being controlled by a larger agenda.

Its not about hunting, or collecting, or self defense from crime and tyranny....it's ALL of that. Us responsible gun owners own and carry our guns with pride and responsibility....and it's been our god given constitutional right for 300 years! Damn right I love my guns, and I treat them with the same respect they give me in return!

I wanna send this to the editor of the story if I can find it. Anyways, feel free to share my personal opinions on this to anyone that doesn't get it
Agreed.
My oldest son found an article a while back written in the same tone. We sat down and did kind of an ad-libs sorta game with it. We took out anything related to fire arms and replaced it with other items. For example, Gun or firearm was corvette. Semi automatic was stick shift. Ammo was tires. And we did it with more than just corvettes too.

The moral of the story; corvettes are fuqing amazingly dangerous and should be widely regulated.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #12

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Or a sheep herder (really) loving his sheep
Hoss, you always know exactly the right thing to say...

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #13

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
Hoss, you always know exactly the right thing to say...
Some wud disagree

Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #14

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Some wud disagree
Bah, what do THEY know?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #15

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192