Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Some question our "love" for guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Some question our "love" for guns

I came across an article last week, I think on Yahoo that basically criticized many gun ownership' deep affection for our firearms....that it went beyond self defense and tried to portray us as having some weird obsession with our guns that was not healthy.

Well, my personal response to that is YES I do love my guns, just as much as hobbyists enjoy model scale train sets, collecting coins, or playing sports like football. Our "sport, hobby, recreational activity" or whatever else you wanna call it requires a sharp mind and lots of responsibility. We invest hundreds and thousands in guns ammo and gear because we all want to shoot better, take time to care for our guns with proper maintenance and we just plain ENJOY our guns.

My guess is that the overwhelming majority of folks who criticize guns and gun owners have never handled a gun in a positive, controlled environment by a reaponsible operator. It's understandable that not everyone feels safe around guns, hopefully we can help positively change some of them, but some we cannot. They have a great fear of them because they only know what they see in the news and what they see in movies. Then they hear about some kid with extreme mental illness who commits a horrible act with a gun that they had no right possessing and think all guns are evil. Everyone in our community knows that we don't get enough positive press from most media, because they are being controlled by a larger agenda.

Its not about hunting, or collecting, or self defense from crime and tyranny....it's ALL of that. Us responsible gun owners own and carry our guns with pride and responsibility....and it's been our god given constitutional right for 300 years! Damn right I love my guns, and I treat them with the same respect they give me in return!

I wanna send this to the editor of the story if I can find it. Anyways, feel free to share my personal opinions on this to anyone that doesn't get it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5126 Times on 2922 Posts
Likes Given: 4336

What's the difference between a shooter loving his guns and a race driver loving his car???

Or a jockey loving his horse??

Of course we love out guns. We'd be pretty weird if we didn't.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #3

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
What's the difference between a shooter loving his guns and a race driver loving his car???

Or a jockey loving his horse??

Of course we love out guns. We'd be pretty weird if we didn't.
Or a sheep herder (really) loving his sheep

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 1142

And the flock calls to the shepard.... Dhaaaaady Dhaaaady!!!!

Become steel or get cut.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 1142

GUNS are things of beauty, craftsmanship, and power trannsference

Myself I don't "love" guns I can't love the inanimate. What I do have is a great regard for the history they represent to me ,the history of my family lines, and the formation of our country. They are also the tools I use that allow me to stand watch over what I do love, the tools I use to feed those I love, and they are the tools I use to teach those I love to do the same for themselves.

Become steel or get cut.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2830 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 16868

Anybody that has vision with mechanical understanding has got to admit , the common semi-auto pistol is the culmination of Physics , ballistics , inertia , science , technology , compact ability and some 2000 years of being surrounded by every evil the human psychic is capable of.

How can one not have the deepest appreciation of the complexities of thus ,
and something you can bite your teeth into , against the potential harm others WOULD inflict upon humanity? ............

Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Yes in deed and our "GUNS" they will protect us from tyranny!
Wait and see what happens to the defenseless critical sheep of our society!
I guess it seems to always amaze me how people who do not enjoy the same interest as others always bash or want to deny those people from doing what they like best! Just because they have no interest no one should participate in that area. I agree we find most have never picked up a gun in their life. And never enjoyed shooting one. Had a person the other day that this view was all I ever heard from them. Guess what! Got them to shoot a 22 rifle last month and they love it! WOW WHAT A SUPRISE! I will guarantee you one thing. I'll bet most of these liberal anti-gun pukes have never been in the services, defended theirs and others freedom nor done anything for this country in their life! And never been a victim of a violent crime or threat! That is all for now I will jump down off of my soap box!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Yes in deed and our "GUNS" they will protect us from tyranny!
Wait and see what happens to the defenseless critical sheep of our society!
I guess it seems to always amaze me how people who do not enjoy the same interest as others always bash or want to deny those people from doing what they like best! Just because they have no interest no one should participate in that area. I agree we find most have never picked up a gun in their life. And never enjoyed shooting one. Had a person the other day that this view was all I ever heard from them. Guess what! Got them to shoot a 22 rifle last month and they love it! WOW WHAT A SUPRISE! I will guarantee you one thing. I'll bet most of these liberal anti-gun pukes have never been in the services, defended theirs and others freedom nor done anything for this country in their life! And never been a victim of a violent crime or threat! That is all for now I will jump down off of my soap box!
Sheeps-(Penis-envy).....?

Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2484 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Fortunately, most people have honorable intentions, or atleast benign intentions. Firearms are tools, and like any other tool, in good hands they do good works, and in evil hands they do evil works.

"The gun" has been portrayed in many different lights. It is our job as responsible gun owners to portay it in it's true light. The versatile tool that it is intended to be.

If we preach and rant, we will not attract the type of attention/publicity we desire, and those that lawfully use firearms deserve.

I liken it to the difference between Reagan & George W. Bush. Reagan showed the communists that freedom, democracy and free enterprise had many benefits. W. told people that they must become democtratic and capitalists.

Show people the benefits, don't tell them what they must do.

An old adage goes like this: "Your actions speak so loudly, I can't hear what your saying!"

Speak softly, carry and set a positive example!!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Intentions..? Ban the POPE.........!