A Soldiers Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A Soldiers Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default A Soldiers Rifle

I have been poking around trying to get some advice in my quest for my rifle.

Here is my story - Deseret News | Theft victim bounces back after losing it all

It's been some time now and so far the police nor any databases are pulling up my rifle that I had rigged to train for my deployment. I know it seem stupid to continue questing but would anyone here have some sound advice for someone who doesn't want to give up on something important to them?

My guess is that the thief still has it hidden away as he sits in prison.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Welcome to the FTF community and thank you for your service.

The guy's a rat bastid. I'm sorry for your troubles, but congrats on your marriage.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Welcome & thanks for standing up for my freedoms!

Apparently, people don't look out for you guys' stuff like they should.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/any-you-tx-guys-been-any-storage-unit-auctions-lately-soldier-lost-stuff-21021/
Maybe you & this other soldier could combine your efforts. His items were sold, not sure if it was completely legal, but i am sure it was not ethical.

I wish you all the best of luck in locating your memories & firearms. There are a couple of law enforcement peeps on here; maybe they will have some advice for you.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Jay:

I also want to thank you for your service, and express my sorrow on your losses.

TXnorton

Old 12-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

Did you have serial numbers for the firearms? Are they entered into NCIC? If so they will remain there forever. I have recovered stolen firearms up to 37 years after the theft. Make sure you keep the original reporting agency updated on your current address and phone number. Ask that they enter your new info into the report so they can easily find you in the event of a recovery. I have recovered a few firearms lately who's owners have disappeared. They have not updated their address on their Driver's Licenses, etc. Mail gets returned, no forwarding information. Guns about to be destroyed.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Robo, those are mine. You can just bring them over when you come.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Welcome to the FTF sir.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
Robo, those are mine. You can just bring them over when you come.
Really not worth the trouble. People tend not to care for stolen guns very well. Unless these have some sentimental value, they have almost no value.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Did you have serial numbers for the firearms? Are they entered into NCIC? If so they will remain there forever. I have recovered stolen firearms up to 37 years after the theft. Make sure you keep the original reporting agency updated on your current address and phone number. Ask that they enter your new info into the report so they can easily find you in the event of a recovery. I have recovered a few firearms lately who's owners have disappeared. They have not updated their address on their Driver's Licenses, etc. Mail gets returned, no forwarding information. Guns about to be destroyed.
Thanks for the replies guys, yes I have kept the records up to date and I've attended every court hearing I can (which is a pain driving to Utah and back) as well as consistently kept the parole officers informed he may still have this rifle.

Guess it's just time to buy a new rifle and forget it happened. heh.