To soldiers past and present.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > To soldiers past and present.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default To soldiers past and present.

I am new here and I have noticed that there are a number of soldiers and veterans that are members of this forum. I would like to send out a BIG THANKYOU. I do not care if it's been said a million times. As long as we have a free country, and those who would fight for it, this can never be said enough. I have never served myself. However a man or woman who would willingly give of themselves, through sweat, tears, pain, blood, lim, and life if need be, deserves the utmost respect of anyone who lives within these borders and you will always have mine.

Whether or not I agree with the directive of the soldier is beside the point. A soldier is given orders to carry out and is duty bound to do so. That is a fact that many remain willingly ignorant of in our country and chastise the soldier while apllauding his commander. Either way, I respect the one wearing the boots who would walk through hell so that I may have my freedom. I will not simply say thanks for your service because it's more than that. To give up your own freedom for a time in exchange for duty and service to your country shows the character of a man or woman. You must have the character or the service will be lacking and for this I solute you.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your a#% out all day long!

Big Gun + BIGGER BANG = lower stress

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #2

Thank you Red Rover, I appreciate that very much.
I'm going to forward this to my uncle, (he was awarded the Silver Star, and received a field commission to Captain). He will appreciate your kind words, as do I.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

BTW, I'm front left in my avatar pic.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

We all welcome the appreciation but not all of us were soldiers. On this forum we have soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines...

Old 11-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #4

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
We all welcome the appreciation but not all of us were soldiers. On this forum we have soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines...
...and we all took the oath to "protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Welcome to the forum, Red, and thank you for your support of active duty and veteran personnel.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm proud of my service and appreciate the thanks, but every time some kind soul mentions the gratitude we all owe to veterans, the first thing I think is, "I wish I could have done more."

Sorry, I'm a bit down today. Thanks, redrover, for the thought.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
...and we all took the oath to "protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Welcome to the forum, Red, and thank you for your support of active duty and veteran personnel.
Took the same oath again when I became a DoD civil servant...

Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I am married to a Vietnam vet ( Seabee )and two sons that are Marines.

I want to say that I am really proud of our men and women in uniform. They have given up so much to serve. And so many have lost their lives for doing so. Bless you all.....
Thank you!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thank you, Redrover. Semper Fi!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
My apologies sir. I used soldier as a default term. I meant no disrespect to any branch and the post was meant for all who have, are, or will serve this country. To me the term soldier is a reference to the character. All take an oath to protect, you only carry it out in different ways.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your a#% out all day long!

Big Gun + BIGGER BANG = lower stress

Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover3569 View Post
My apologies sir. I used soldier as a default term. I meant no disrespect to any branch and the post was meant for all who have, are, or will serve this country. To me the term soldier is a reference to the character. All take an oath to protect, you only carry it out in different ways.
No offense taken by me at all as I was just an Air Force desk jockey. To avoid ruffling feathers, I always just use the term veteran...