A Soldier Died Today - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A Soldier Died Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Dang it someone snuck in here and started peeling onions while I was reading this!

Great poem.

Drove past the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery yesterday and thought about the people under all those headstones.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I want to share this. Can I get a name so I can give credit where it's due?
I have no idea who the author is, but it's been around for a while. I'm pretty sure it's public domain.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams