Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Solar Water Bottle Light Bulb (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/solar-water-bottle-light-bulb-49392/)

Trez 10-06-2011 05:58 PM

Solar Water Bottle Light Bulb

Pretty neat idea... I might put a couple of these in my shop!

BigByrd47119 10-06-2011 06:05 PM

Freakin amazing! Why cant I ever think of anything like that? Thats the kind of thing that deserves a Nobel peace prize!

REDMIST89 10-06-2011 06:23 PM

thats amazing!...id of never even considered that at all..though it might replace the bottle as id imagine the sun might effect the bottle after a while.

IGETEVEN 10-06-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDMIST89 (Post 595092)
thats amazing!...id of never even considered that at all..though it might replace the bottle as id imagine the sun might effect the bottle after a while.

They may become brittle and crack due to long time UVL exposure, but replacing them will not be a problem. There definitely is no shortage of plastic water bottles around the world.

They also use the same plastic water bottles, with a little chlorine, as a method to purify and make potable drinking water in areas of contaminated drinking water. The sun along with the chlorine kills the harmful bacteria. Clean, cheap and efficient. :cool:

REDMIST89 10-06-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 595104)
They may become brittle and crack due to long time UVL exposure, but replacing them will not be a problem. There definitely is no shortage of plastic water bottles around the world.

They also use the same plastic water bottles, with a little chlorine, as a method to purify and make potable drinking water in areas of contaminated drinking water. The sun along with the chlorine kills the harmful bacteria. Clean, cheap and efficient. :cool:

thats true..theres prolly billions of botteles out there,better this than sitting in land fills,truly amazing how those with the least,can make things we take for granted(light bulbs,electricity) out of the simplist things

orangello 10-06-2011 07:42 PM

That could be a lot of fun with colored bottles. I can hear the guests now "wow, that is bright; is that a 100 watt bulb?"..."nope, 2 liter". I can see me collapsing some of those roofs; they don't seem to be rated for "hefty".

762 10-06-2011 07:45 PM

damn, i got a whole recycling bin full of plastic bottles at the house. i need to start a new business

BigByrd47119 10-06-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 762 (Post 595136)
damn, i got a whole recycling bin full of future lightbulbs at the house. i need to start a new business

Fixed it for ya :cool:

bkt 10-06-2011 08:56 PM

Oh! They rediscovered (or copied) an old ship's prism light.

Glass Ship Prism #7044

Very nice idea and a great solution with the water bottles!