Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So you wanna be a quitter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5459 Times on 2851 Posts
Likes Given: 353

I quit drinking sodas for 6 months to get a grip on a bad habit. Im back to drinking soda now by choice but i do it because i enjoy the occasional soda around 3-4 a week instead of 8-12 a day. I also stick to the pepsi throwback and mountaindew throwback because they dont have high fructose corn syrup. Mainly i think i gave up the corn syrup not the sodas

I have recently discovered that gluten has been why ive been feeling tired sick and sometimes extreme stomach pain. Since cutting that out ive felt muuuuuch better.

Blood pressure for the month average is currently 120/80 down from a high of 210/150... last month average was 140/90. Its dropped 20/10 just from cutting the gluten. I dont miss breads at all.

Cutting the corn syrup products was a lot harder and took a lot of effort and will power but cutting gluten was easy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #22

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

My ex brother in law drank a six pack a day and now has no teeth at 30 years old.

There is no "regular" soda (meaning, excluding energy drinks and specialty sodas), that has as much sugar and acid as mountain dew.

You should consider this. Also, as a smoker being worried about his breath constantly, I noticed that mountain dew made mine even worse. You know your breath is kickin when you don't even want to breathe because you can smell it yourself.

And then again, all of us knew everything when we were teens
I don't smoke or drink or anything soda is jus my thing but I brush my teeth 3 times a day bc all the sugar

Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
12 pack a day? Enjoy your Diabetes. Less "if," than "when."
Dude, eat something. 142lbs? WTF.
I eat more than anybody I knw I jus don't gain weight

Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #24

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My next vice I think (carbon, you gave me this idea, along with fmj), I think I'll try drinking nothing but water. Didn't hurt me in Afghanistan.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't really remember when i "quit" smoking cigs the last time. I have one sometimes when i go see certain people, but they aren't the same. I haven't dared to play with chewing tobacco again, too tempting with both nicotein and a nasty projectile weapon all in one.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #26

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I don't really remember when i "quit" smoking cigs the last time. I have one sometimes when i go see certain people, but they aren't the same. I haven't dared to play with chewing tobacco again, too tempting with both nicotein and a nasty projectile weapon all in one.
That weapon part is good though

Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
That weapon part is good though
Some idjut in a bmw passed me yesterday, in a 30mph zone when i was accelerating to 30mph. Fool drove through a "repaired" road lane to do so; i could've covered half the hood (was in pickup).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Giving up something to live longer goes back to the Cave Men. Preachers and Doctors have made a living from telling you what to quit. The American Indians thought smoking tobbaco in a pipe would bring the buffalo back and save their life style. Modern Americans think throwing their pipes away will allow them to enjoy their life for ever.

The facts are the buffalo are gone the indians are on a reservation. Modern Americans die according to the Life Insurance Mortality Tables.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I quit drinking sodas for 6 months to get a grip on a bad habit. Im back to drinking soda now by choice but i do it because i enjoy the occasional soda around 3-4 a week instead of 8-12 a day. I also stick to the pepsi throwback and mountaindew throwback because they dont have high fructose corn syrup. Mainly i think i gave up the corn syrup not the sodas

I have recently discovered that gluten has been why ive been feeling tired sick and sometimes extreme stomach pain. Since cutting that out ive felt muuuuuch better.

Blood pressure for the month average is currently 120/80 down from a high of 210/150... last month average was 140/90. Its dropped 20/10 just from cutting the gluten. I dont miss breads at all.

Cutting the corn syrup products was a lot harder and took a lot of effort and will power but cutting gluten was easy.
The body does not recognize what type of sugar you are ingesting...sugar is sugar! It is all converted to glucose and stored in the liver as glycogen or converted and stored as fat.

This is another of those "the sky is falling" if you ingest/do X things.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My next vice I think (carbon, you gave me this idea, along with fmj), I think I'll try drinking nothing but water. Didn't hurt me in Afghanistan.
DO IT!!!

I LOVE ice water!! You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of pure straight water every day. Flushes waste and hydrates muscles and helps brain function.

If it helps, go to wally world and get Propel vitamin additives. (or the wally world brand for 1/2 the price) Adds flavor to the water + essential vitamins without adding calories.

I like to use an old quart gatoraide bottle. (I REFUSE to drink gatoraide..the stuff is BAD for you) I rinse out the bottle and fill with water. 1 bottle = 32 oz. 3 bottles = daily needs of water. But if you use the propel additives, be SURE to rinse the bottle out well everyday...if not the inside of the bottle will become moldy in no time at all....the vitamins and moisture in the sealed bottle=large petree dish

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!