So you wanna be a quitter? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So you wanna be a quitter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
A 12 pack a day of Mountain Dew and dont plan on quitting I'm 19 6 ft 142 lbs soaking wet
Yikes! In 40 years from now you might be drinking a 12 pack of Prune Juice per day just to balance your plumbing system

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman

Yikes! In 40 years from now you might be drinking a 12 pack of Prune Juice per day just to balance your plumbing system
Maybe so but til then drink on
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #13

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man

A 12 pack a day of Mountain Dew and dont plan on quitting I'm 19 6 ft 142 lbs soaking wet
My ex brother in law drank a six pack a day and now has no teeth at 30 years old.

There is no "regular" soda (meaning, excluding energy drinks and specialty sodas), that has as much sugar and acid as mountain dew.

You should consider this. Also, as a smoker being worried about his breath constantly, I noticed that mountain dew made mine even worse. You know your breath is kickin when you don't even want to breathe because you can smell it yourself.

And then again, all of us knew everything when we were teens

Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2871 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
A 12 pack a day of Mountain Dew and dont plan on quitting I'm 19 6 ft 142 lbs soaking wet.
12 pack a day? Enjoy your Diabetes. Less "if," than "when."
Dude, eat something. 142lbs? WTF.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

I think an "intervention" is in order! From now you must only drink beer, milk, or juice, and you must only eat McDLTs, old style McD apple pies, and LOTS of bacon (and not that Canadian crap either)

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #16

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman
I think an "intervention" is in order! From now you must only drink beer, milk, or juice, and you must only eat McDLTs, old style McD apple pies, and LOTS of bacon (and not that Canadian crap either)
How bout lifting weights, eattin a lot of deer/elk meat/ mash taters w gravy, and workin hard manual labor instead of sittin on the couch w an xbox controller in hand?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #17

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My quittin is an on again off again thing. I quit for 2 years after I got back from iraq. I picked it back up recently and I'm doing a can a day now

forumrunner_20121025_121344.jpg

Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7176 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8756

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
I hate smoking!!! I love smoking!!!

Easier to kick a fuggin drug habit than this!! I've "quit" a few times in the last few years. Made it 2 months once before I cheated. Was right back to the norm in 2 days after that.

Used gum, patch, & Wellbutrin. Patch worked best of those. Next is an appointment with a hypnotist. Last resort is chantrix. Planning on quitting being a Christmas gift to me and the fam. I'll be putting $3 a day in a jar as well to save for a reward on the 6 mo and 1 yr anniv.

Sicerely wish you the best of luck, trip!!
My neighbor down the street had a severe alcohol problem many years ago. He'd be staggering drunk by noon. He also smoked. He joined AA and has been sober for about 20 years. He also quit smoking a few years after he quit drinking. He said quitting smoking was by far much more difficult than getting sober. I found that a very profound and revealing statement considering how serious an alcoholic this man was.

Quote:
Don't worry. I believe that weight situation will change as you get older. But, DAMN, that's thin.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
I hate smoking!!! I love smoking!!!

Easier to kick a fuggin drug habit than this!! I've "quit" a few times in the last few years. Made it 2 months once before I cheated. Was right back to the norm in 2 days after that.

Used gum, patch, & Wellbutrin. Patch worked best of those. Next is an appointment with a hypnotist. Last resort is chantrix. Planning on quitting being a Christmas gift to me and the fam. I'll be putting $3 a day in a jar as well to save for a reward on the 6 mo and 1 yr anniv.

Sicerely wish you the best of luck, trip!!
Ummm here to tell you it IS a drug habit!! Nicotine is the most potent and addictive drug known to man!

This is my 14th year clean of that shyt!! (Used to smoke 1 -2 packs of Camels a day...3-4 depending on the beer/whiskey consumption) Did it cold turkey. Just make up you damn mind that you WANT to quit and you will. PERIOD!

And yes, all it takes is 1 and your done. Myself and 3 buddies went and got hypnotized, i was the only one that made it more than 6 hours clean...went 1 year without...then one of my best friends died, then my dad died a month later. Was offered a camel at the funeral home and i accepted...one of the dumbest thing i ever did. By the end of the week i was back to 2 packs a day. 9 months later is when i said "piss on this" and went cold turkey...aint EVER going back.

Try accupuncture....i have a friend that tried it and it has worked for her well.

But NOTHING is gonna work if you dont have the WANT and WILL to do so!

My big personal thing know is getting back to the gym full time and losing the extra pounds and getting into some sembalence of shape....Imagine that! A certified personal fitness trainer thats fat and out of shape!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
astroman Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7176 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8756

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Myself and 3 buddies went and got hypnotized, i was the only one that made it more than 6 hours clean...went 1 year without...then one of my best friends died, then my dad died a month later.
Reminds me of a story.

Years ago my Mom and my brother both smoked. My brother wanted to quit, my Mom didn't. My brother heard of a hypnotist that was coming to town and was going to hypnotize a small stadium full of people to quit smoking. My Mom thought it was a bunch of BS and that she could not get hypnotized but she agreed to go so my brother would quit smoking.

Turns out my Mother never picked up a cigarette again and after about 2 weeks, my brother tried a cigarette and took up smoking again.

I can tell you, getting hypnotized works..........even for my Mother who swore it was a bunch of BS. My brother said the cigarettes tasted awful, as the hypnotist suggested to the crowd but he just kept trying cigarettes until the suggestion wore off.