Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   So I wasn't so popular at the party last night (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/so-i-wasnt-so-popular-party-last-night-14592/)

flyingtexan 06-08-2009 03:12 AM

So I wasn't so popular at the party last night

Seems discussing the current state of affairs in this country, the NWO, Survival, firearms and such, wasn't the best topic of discussion at a buddies party last night.

I was lectured by the hostess in private that I should try and keep it light and fluffy, instead of intense and real...I probably won't be invited back...guess these people are on their own now...and these were friends since grade school.

Anyway kinda bummed about the whole thing...

canebrake 06-08-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingtexan (Post 114465)
Seems discussing the current state of affairs in this country, the NWO, Survival, firearms and such wasn't the best topic of discussion at a buddies party last night.

I was lectured by the hostess in private that I should try and keep it light and fluffy, instead of intense and real...I probably won't be invited back...guess these people are on their own now...and these were friends since grade school.

Anyway kinda bummed about the whole thing...

Hold that thought and remember every excruciating second of that chastising when they knock on your door for help after the SHTF!

NEVER give anyone the power to embarrass you or your thoughts!

"...light and fluffy"???? In what liberal-ass college does she teach?

She must be a Texas import!

bobbyb13 06-08-2009 03:33 AM

June 6, 1944 D-Day. June 6, 2009 light and fluffy. Need I say more?

markerdown 06-08-2009 03:39 AM

Sounds like the attitude of the sheeple these days. Light and fluffy sounds like a quiche receipe. People are so full of it, they don't want to hear the truth, until it's too late. I wouldn't lose any sleep about not gettin invited back. .................markerdown

mrwhledr 06-08-2009 03:56 AM

You are not alone. I can say that I have lost a few friends over trying to inform them on multiple different topics. Some examples include: fiat currency, 2nd amendment rights, rule of law vs. rule of man, the state, concentration camps, tax, property rights, and it goes on. Even had an old friend bash a ron paul sticker and say something like " Now that you tell me something about him, I see why he only got like 2 votes." You just have to keep educating yourself and find people that understand and believe in basic principles. We must unite!

CA357 06-08-2009 03:59 AM

Just know that you aren't alone. ;)

dunerunner 06-08-2009 04:24 AM

Superficial friends you don't need! If they cannot respect your thoughts and beliefs, then they aren't friends.

WDB 06-08-2009 04:52 AM

Conversation should always be revelant to the situation you are in. I work in motor sport business so at work we talk about cars, on this forum we talk about firearms. When I go to a party it is with a mixed group of people but a few things I don't discuss are relationships, business, politics and faith. I'll talk about the weather, sports, kids, life in general. A party is for fun so no need to get into heavy issues, enjoy the people, music and the time. The other issues are with you everyday so let them go when you party, enjoy the party.

WDB 06-08-2009 05:30 AM

As a side note last summer we threw a big party on the 4th of July. One of Trace's friends showed up in a hybred. I was out front with some friends when they pulled up and went in to tell Traci that there was no way they could park that car in my drive. She came out to ask her friends to move the car down the street and we all started laughing. She was mifted that I messed with her, the friends had no idea what was so funny. The couple in that car are good people and the guy driving it was truly excited to see so many nice cars parked on my drive and lawn. He said he felt kinda stupid showing up in there car. I told him it wasn't about the cars it was about the **** were going to blow up and his car was in play! He freaked and I told him it was a joke, because he parked too close to a nice mustang.

Gojubrian 06-08-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 114496)
Conversation should always be revelant to the situation you are in. I work in motor sport business so at work we talk about cars, on this forum we talk about firearms. When I go to a party it is with a mixed group of people but a few things I don't discuss are relationships, business, politics and faith. I'll talk about the weather, sports, kids, life in general. A party is for fun so no need to get into heavy issues, enjoy the people, music and the time. The other issues are with you everyday so let them go when you party, enjoy the party.

+1

There is a time for everything. :)