Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So I guess Im a troll now.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default So I guess Im a troll now.

So on another forum that shall remain nameless I just got banned. A guy put up a pic that look very photoshopped. I called him on it. Then he went off the deep end. First off saying I was a troll. Then making a bet that he would send the originals off to a mod so that they could verify that they were real. I didnt see the post till the next day. During that time he said I wasnt a man because I didnt except the bet(even tho I hadnt even seen it yet) so he changes the bet. Once I see it I accept the bet at this point I still say that the pic looks fake. He then goes on to start pm'ing me again calling out my man hood and calling me a troll. Then starts dragging out 400 old pictures and pamphlets that he had from the trip and posts his id's on this public forum. I tell him to take the pic's of his id's off so that he wouldnt get hurt then I am the one to get banned. WT*?

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #2

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Post the photo.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #3

I cant Im banned from that forum. The photo isnt even really the big problem it was how the guy reacted.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

What a cry baby. If I posted something that seemed unreal and got called out on it, it wouldn't bother me. I'd have to login under a different name just to jab at him one more time for the hell of it.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #5

Its on the 1911 forum General guns section. The assault rifle thread. Look at the first pic GEEBEE put up thats the one I questioned. They have deleted all the posts that we had directed at each other.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #6

And he called off the bet!!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 908 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Some forums have rules about bringing laundry from other forums. Careful you don't go for two.

I got banned at a forum for suggesting trigger block safeties are a good idea on Glocks. Go figure.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

So..you looked at a pic on a web forum and decided it was a chop job but you never downloaded the pic to check if it was Photoshopped?

I had read in the thread that it was taken with a SLR..A 35mm film camera. So the pic had to be scanned. Then it would have to been manipulated. This would lead to a difference in pixel density between the original and the added image. You load the image on your computer then blow it up until you can see the pixels. It's there you will find the mistake. It's not a mistake a real good PS person makes but your average forum mall ninja usually misses it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I ran the photo through a photo forensics program that checks for differences in pixel density. It doesn't look like the photo is fake.

Here is what a non photoshopped image looks like.

Here is what a PHOTOSHOPPED image looks like. (notice the outlining of the photoshopped areas)

Here is the program. Try it for yourself. http://fotoforensics.com/

That said, I do believe the guy went way overboard in the way he handled the situation.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6601 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 12949

Welcome to the dark side. Time to choose your avatar.

image-2795720804.jpg  

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Closed Thread