So farking mad
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So farking mad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default So farking mad

I had to quit my job yesterday. They did something that pissed me off to no end.

It was a good job to for the money at least it was spurning my gunisms for the time.

Apparently 1 week or so ago I came up short 8 dollars on a register. I've never been short on a register like that...and they called me in a week later on it....that sounds fishy to me in of itself since it took them a week to catch this and the drawer in question has already been used again.

Anyway yesterday I was working and then my mother came by to be nice to take my check and cash it in the bank for me. Went back to get my check...and low in behold it said on it

Cash Advancement/Repayment -8.82

Meaning they took 8 bucks out of my pay check to front their losses.

So I calmly told my mother I would be quitting...counted my drawer and clocked out and left. My employer calls back saying I owed them something more than this since I just walked out....but in my view I don't owe them ****.

What they did is extortion as far as I know. Wonder if I should report them...they do that to a lot of people.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Dude you did the right thing. I would have done that too. Having worked in retail before I have never heard of this.

I feel for you for quiting a job in this market but believe me there are other ones out there. good luck and keep us informed.

I would look into it futher and read your contract you signed. I worked for Home Depot and we were not allowed to take our orange smocks home with us at all. they had to stay at the store. If it got to dirty they would replace it. these places do funny things.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

File a complaint with the state regulatory agency. What they did may not be legal.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #4

Well what pisses me off the most is I work in a restaurant. I deal with over 1000 bucks in cash most of the time. 8 bucks is a drop in a damn lake in the first place....and there are several factors like computer errors etc. etc.

Anyway I looked at the contract...it just makes a few statements about quiting and fireing and etc. so there is no stating of doing that at all. I should call the wage board or whatever it is called.

I'm joining the Navy in March and want to ship out in November so I said **** it. I don't need this.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Years ago when I was working in a car dealership parts dept. Saturdays we didn't have a cashier, so they would give us a box with $100 worth of change. One Saturday that I worked we came up $20 short when the box was returned on Monday. It happened the following Saturday when I wasn't working. So the next Friday, when the cashier handed me the box I opened it and counted it right in front of her. $20 short again, she was shorting us to start. After that it never happened again. But, I always counted it to make sure. Never assume the drawer is correct when you get it.

Rob

Old 01-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #6

I happened to have counted my drawer after something like that happened to someone else. So there is no problem there.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #7

Default So farking mad

I had a similar thing happen at a video store where I helped out at.
My drawer came up $100.00 short. When the did a audit of the drawers.
I then reminded the owner I had not been there in two weeks. And that he helped me count the drawer as I got sick and left early. they checked the video at the store and his son was taking money from the drawers. So i do not blame you. I quit also.

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'm with Robo. Go to the labor board.

I had an employer that refused to pay me vacation time when they laid me off. Cali law says that that time has to be paid. I took them to the labor board because I wanted my $400 some odd dollars worth of vacation.

Long story short, when the labor board got done sodomizing the company, they ended up owing me a little over $5k in fines and penalties.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #9

I'm with Robo too.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #10

I called the wage board and left my number and name and such. They'll call me back in probably a day or two.

I hate to be a prick about it though....I mean....turning 8 bucks into 100 bucks sounds all nice a good....but I'd probably end up giving everythign but the stuff they owe me to charity or a college fund.