So , it begins..!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So , it begins..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1710 Posts
Likes Given: 17581

Default So , it begins..!

The Governor of Colorado , "John Hickenlooper" has passed a bill setting limits on ammunition's magazines ! Starting July first , No more 15 rnds. or more guns ,
no more 8 rnds.or more shot guns.

Also a much more in-depth back round check with slightly higher fees..!
What else is coming .? Get your high capacity mags now , worth their weight in Gold soon enough..!

Manufacturers say they will move , a loss of jobs in the area .! Is this really a good time to eliminate jobs anywhere..? Bad call , bad or no insight..! Hopefully,
you will never know what it's like to look down the wrong end of a pistol , and hopefully , it will not be in the hands of someone who does not give a damn about your ignorant laws..! Hopefully........!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #2

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is he related to Harlow Hickenlooper (the one on the right)?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 1169

Yeah but I see a lot of the law enforcement is refusing to enforce that law............

When all else fails.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I hope that none of this BS comes to pass in our life time , but then it falls upon our children. In our apathy , "looking the other way" , denial , we've let them push us around for some 40 + years. The Government does not even take us seriously , no accountability . We are a nation divided and in this division , we have become idol . We've fallen for the broken promises and lies too long .

Gullible and they know it ! Like a well conditioned Dawg , we unquestionably follow their lead . The list of lies , what our children and their call to arms ,whom profits by these "pee pour excuses" ..? They have turned the tables on us and we , turn against our own , Americans , All..!

So , my nephew guards opium fields , he would be a hero , but what cause does he serve.? Our children , scattered around the globe , pawns in some demented "Chess game' of profiteers.!
Look upon the world as a chess board and see the strategies..! Any chess player can see , the pawns are lain out in a very strategic way..! To what goal?
A crystal clear plot , at what cost , what end goal..? We are about to make History , what will be said of us..? Radicals , terrorists , can a man even keep faith when everything is questionable.? What do you believe , who can you believe..? What historical epitaph will be written..?

End of rant..........! This is something said by a good friend of mine , surely ,I could not said this so sensibly..! (The un-known patriot)..!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #5

Liked 4705 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Personally, were I a CO resident... I'd pay this law about as much attention as the criminal will.

I do not see any CO LEO's sweeping the local ranges looking for Hi Cap mags and the way I understand the "continuous possession" clause... it's sounds about impossible to enforce.

I'd say keep em and use em... and if you find yourself on the wrong side of some wet behind the ears "gung ho" Johnny Law... Treat him like Johnny Gihad... or not... your call... but the choice between STANDING and kneeling ALWAYS IS.

Tack

Old 03-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
Is he related to Harlow Hickenlooper (the one on the right)?
Someone else remembers him too, I thought he was a figment of my imagination!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

dango Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Personally, were I a CO resident... I'd pay this law about as much attention as the criminal will.

I do not see any CO LEO's sweeping the local ranges looking for Hi Cap mags and the way I understand the "continuous possession" clause... it's sounds about impossible to enforce.

I'd say keep em and use em... and if you find yourself on the wrong side of some wet behind the ears "gung ho" Johnny Law... Treat him like Johnny Gihad... or not... your call... but the choice between STANDING and kneeling ALWAYS IS.

Tack
When, not if, they pass the same in WA you'll be wondering where out-of-state you can use your illegal magazines. You'll trust the police's discretion about as much as you do today, maybe less.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
When, not if, they pass the same in WA you'll be wondering where out-of-state you can use your illegal magazines. You'll trust the police's discretion about as much as you do today, maybe less.
With all due respect Hocka... I did not give 6 years and "literally" break my back serving this county to come home and have ANY ass hat politician tell me what I can or can can't keep, of my property, purchased legally, with money I earned honestly.

Should my home state adopt this, I would ignore it for as long as I could... and if forced to defend my property, I would do exactly that.

Defense of Liberty is ALWAYS the right course of action, regardless of the uniform worn by the oppressor.

Should CO's citizens be forced to use force against those attempting to subjugate them, the death toll will be on the heads of Gov't officials... Not citizens.

Any potential "hot" conflict is NOT up to the Citizen, we are within our rights to ignore such laws. It's up to LEO who's "discretion" will determine whether or not peace or violence rule the day.

Personally, I'd encourage ALL CO LEO'S to EMBRACE that discretion and look the other way. This is certain to be challenged in the courts and given the recent "common use" language of the SCOTUS's latest decision, I really don't see it standing.

It would truly be tragic to see Cop's picking fights over an unconstitutional mandate... and wind up killing and loosing friends... over a law that should ultimately be overturned.

Tack
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So then , we become brothers in crime and arms..? "Viva Le Revolution"...!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
So then , we become brothers in crime and arms..? "Viva Le Revolution"...!

I truly hope NOT! But again... it's not our choice. Our Constitutional Duty demands we ignore such laws. Whether or not that results is a fight... is up to Cops, not us.

Tack