Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So is anyone else banned from posting on politics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1110 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster View Post
No thanks. Worked on the hill as an intern in college and my fist job after I graduated was for a Republican lobby. I stayed in long enough to help get W elected the first time. As a reward our principal was made ambassador to a small European country.

I spent the rest of my time helping our wealthy clients secure government building contracts and trying to kill the "death tax."

If you think republicans are any better than democrats you are mistaken. Fact is neither are on the right side of all the issues and I guess I fall somewhere in between.

I was republican, today I am more democrat, tomorrow who knows. Like everyone I am taking in all the information and making a choice between the better of two evils.

I just feel that based on my experience with the GOP in the late 90's and early 2000's that my work for the party involved pandering to the religious right base and working to change policy for the benefit of large companies and very wealthy. Middle America was not on our radar and that bothered me.

So why do I even want to wade into any of this on this forum? I don't. I was just wondering if I was muzzled for being not republican enough.
In the cause of fairness, I have to say this:

My views on politics are diametrically opposed to the vast majority of folks on this forum, and I am not shy about discussing them. I have been treated fairly by the moderators. I have posted many things that lesser moderators would have banned me, come to my house taken my computer and crapped on my porch on the way out. I have no objections of their "troll" policies and understand why they are implemented the way they are.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #62
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
In the cause of fairness, I have to say this:

My views on politics are diametrically opposed to the vast majority of folks on this forum, and I am not shy about discussing them. I have been treated fairly by the moderators. I have posted many things that lesser moderators would have banned me, come to my house taken my computer and crapped on my porch on the way out. I have no objections of their "troll" policies and understand why they are implemented the way they are.
And Chain has been responsible for countless migraines, 68 cases of high blood pressure, 22 diagnosis of acid reflux, and is suspected of 2 heart attacks in other supporting members in the politics and religion forum. So "no", we don't restrict anyone who is a supporting member.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6049 Times on 3318 Posts
Likes Given: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

My views on politics are diametrically opposed to the vast majority of folks on this forum, and I am not shy about discussing them.
I like your posts. I disagree with some of your opinions but not all. Post on.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
And Chain has been responsible for countless migraines, 68 cases of high blood pressure, 22 diagnosis of acid reflux, and is suspected of 2 heart attacks in other supporting members in the politics and religion forum. So "no", we don't restrict anyone who is a supporting member.
And let us not forget his valuable contribution to the further advancement of endoscopy surgery!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #65
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19961 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
And let us not forget his valuable contribution to the further advancement of endoscopy surgery!
and scientists are re-writing the books on the development of the human brain!
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 889 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Cranial removal

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 313 Posts

So is this the new political forum for us bottom feeders

Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #68

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b
Nope, no politics talk outside of the politics section im pretty sure. Trust me, its not all that great in there anyway

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Not by choice...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Here in La. as in most other states, we have the good, the bad and the ugly. The good ones are dead and buried. So were stuck with the bad and the ugly. I wish they would have left La. like the purchase of Alaska. We wouldn't be the sewer of the northern states............But, we are the sportsmans paradise of the world, for now...............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........