Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So is anyone else banned from posting on politics?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kitsap County, Washington State
Posts: 577
Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
There are waivers for almost everything except rape and murder.
Or tattoos within two inches of your wrist :/
Permanent dq.
__________________
sbeezy is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #42
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,567
Liked 16924 Times on 9806 Posts
Likes Given: 44112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Well there ya go Axxe. Be sure to check back in, in about 13 weeks, and let us know how it went.
if it could happen, i'd be the only Marine ever in our family!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Just go find some illegalos. They'll hook you up with a whole new identity, José.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #44
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,567
Liked 16924 Times on 9806 Posts
Likes Given: 44112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Just go find some illegalos. They'll hook you up with a whole new identity, José.
Thanks Trip!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #45
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,205
Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

hmmmmmm..........anyone know where i can get an ID with a lower age on it? new birth certificate?

no rape or murders! so i'm good to go!
Ask the Pres. Where he got his. Seems like they did a bang up job on his.
__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jimogden1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 856
Liked 319 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3 View Post

Ask the Pres. Where he got his. Seems like they did a bang up job on his.
I wish there was a like button on the mobile app. Very good sir
__________________
jimogden1984 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,567
Liked 16924 Times on 9806 Posts
Likes Given: 44112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3 View Post
Ask the Pres. Where he got his. Seems like they did a bang up job on his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
I wish there was a like button on the mobile app. Very good sir
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

yep that one deserves two likes!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #48
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 15,769
Liked 7591 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Default

Quote:
anyone know where i can get an ID with a lower age on it? new birth certificate?
Understand Hawaii is real popular with some folks. Ask Barry.

Max age for enlistment?
The maximum age of non-prior service enlistment, under federal law used to be age 35. In 2006 the Army tried to convince Congress to change this to age 44. Congress thought age 44 was too high, but raised the maximum enlistment age, under law, from 35 to age 42.
Regardless of federal law, the military services are allowed to impose stricter standards -- and many of them have. The maximum age for non-prior service enlistments for each of the services are:
•Active duty Army - 42
•Army Reserves - 42
•Army National Guard - 42
•Active duty Air Force - 27
•Air Force Reserve - 34
•Air National guard - 34
•Active duty Navy - 34
•Navy Reserves - 39
•Active duty Marines - 28
•Marine Corps Reserves - 29
•Active duty Coast Guard - 27
•Coast Guard Reserves - 27

There are some age waivers for prior service.

Commission? Max age is 35. Unless you are an MD- then it is 47. Unless you are an aviator (pilot/navigator). They do things....differently.
__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3665 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 1223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Understand Hawaii is real popular with some folks. Ask Barry.

Max age for enlistment?
The maximum age of non-prior service enlistment, under federal law used to be age 35. In 2006 the Army tried to convince Congress to change this to age 44. Congress thought age 44 was too high, but raised the maximum enlistment age, under law, from 35 to age 42.
Regardless of federal law, the military services are allowed to impose stricter standards -- and many of them have. The maximum age for non-prior service enlistments for each of the services are:
•Active duty Army - 42
•Army Reserves - 42
•Army National Guard - 42
•Active duty Air Force - 27
•Air Force Reserve - 34
•Air National guard - 34
•Active duty Navy - 34
•Navy Reserves - 39
•Active duty Marines - 28
•Marine Corps Reserves - 29
•Active duty Coast Guard - 27
•Coast Guard Reserves - 27

There are some age waivers for prior service.

Commission? Max age is 35. Unless you are an MD- then it is 47. Unless you are an aviator (pilot/navigator). They do things....differently.
I figured it was 28 for enlisted active Marines as well as officers. Wasn't sure though.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #50
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 15,769
Liked 7591 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Default

JW- two separate topics- 1. Entering the service, and 2. Being commissioned.

Some of us were enlisted swine- uh, enlisted SERVICE MEMBERS before they declared us to be an officer and a gentleman. I could be an NCO on active duty, but too old to be commissioned.

__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Which is best 20: Should Tango be banned from posting polls? cpttango30 The Club House 9 02-07-2011 02:24 PM