So is anyone else banned from posting on politics? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > So is anyone else banned from posting on politics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

There's plenty of people here who don't affiliate with any political party. a lot agree Republicans and Democrats are both no good and align more with ya party or libertarian. I think it's worth it to subscribe. As someone who doesn't know a lot about politics I'm able to learn more and ask questions or give my 2 cents. AND, there's always plenty of other sub forums like the man cave, military/leo if that applies to you, and if course the tail trail

Old 09-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog611
So we are not supposed to speak our piece ? A month or so ago I was looking to buy a .30 M-1 Carbine for my sons birthday. Being new to the internet buying and selling I took a chance. I received a flyer from Deans Gun Restorations and it had a great looking picture of a restored inland Carbine for $1500.00. Well thinking that that it would be safer to pay a little more and buy from a business rather than a individual I bought it and paid for it with a credit card. That came to fifteen hundred plus 3% card fee plus $40.00 shipping plus $25.00 FFL fee. The Rifle had problems with the Receiver that could not be fixed (wear) and I could not live with . I returned the Rifle to dean @ DGR and he was kind enough to send back $1000.00 of my near $1600.00 that I was out. I want to thank him very much because he could have kept it all I guess! Anyway, does anyone know anything about the James River Carbine with the new rock-ola Receiver ? I hope to have saved enough money soon to try it again.
What does ANY of that have to do with posting in the politics section? If you want your question answered go to the rifle section where you CAN post.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster
Like everyone I am taking in all the information and making a choice between the better of two evils.
Regarding the bold - unfortunately I don't think EVERYONE does that. A lot of people vote strictly party lines. Maybe not on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster
So why do I even want to wade into any of this on this forum? I don't. I was just wondering if I was muzzled for being not republican enough.
Nope. Absolutely not. Everyone covered it already.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7300 Times on 4391 Posts
Likes Given: 8947

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster View Post
No thanks. Worked on the hill as an intern in college and my fist job after I graduated was for a Republican lobby. I stayed in long enough to help get W elected the first time. As a reward our principal was made ambassador to a small European country.

I spent the rest of my time helping our wealthy clients secure government building contracts and trying to kill the "death tax."

If you think republicans are any better than democrats you are mistaken. Fact is neither are on the right side of all the issues and I guess I fall somewhere in between.

I was republican, today I am more democrat, tomorrow who knows. Like everyone I am taking in all the information and making a choice between the better of two evils.

I just feel that based on my experience with the GOP in the late 90's and early 2000's that my work for the party involved pandering to the religious right base and working to change policy for the benefit of large companies and very wealthy. Middle America was not on our radar and that bothered me.

So why do I even want to wade into any of this on this forum? I don't. I was just wondering if I was muzzled for being not republican enough.
The rules that apply to you apply to everyone here. If you want to become a Supporting Member, you will be free to post in the political sections. I hope you do. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I am a SM, and you are not missing much by staying out of politics, on a gun forum.

If I spoke my mind on 9/11, JFK, moon landings, ET, gold in fort Knox, Obama, Bush and on and on, I would get banned, and be out a good gun forum.

A good gun forum, is just that, a good gun forum.
I have no problem putting anyone in their place, post away!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
......AND, there's always plenty of other sub forums like the man cave, military/leo if that applies to you, and if course the tail trail
man cave. *perk*

Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
What does ANY of that have to do with posting in the politics section? If you want your question answered go to the rifle section where you CAN post.
he has only posted this story in just about every post he's put up! it's the only story he's told us since joining!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

he has only posted this story in just about every post he's put up! it's the only story he's told us since joining!
I think he just doesn't know how to start a new thread or something, and really really wants an answer.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I think he just doesn't know how to start a new thread or something, and really really wants an answer.
he actually did start a new thread when he joined about that incident. he flamed out on a few members and it was deleted IIRC.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9131 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Myself, am affiliated with the Birthday Party and the Surprise party. And since we have members from more than a dozen nations, The Dem/Repub thing does not fit all (Bleeding labor party whacks! )

If you look at the section title page, on a few sections you will see PREMIUM MEMBERS ONLY. Translation- you have not bought a ticket for this movie. If you were to click on that link, you will see this:

We strive to provide a clean, private and technical oriented community with very limited advertising that works towards our 2nd Amendment rights.

We have started a Supporting Member program to help fund all the various financial obligations the community incurs; Hosting, Software, Marketing, Legal, etc.

For only $19.95/yr you gain the following benefits to your Membership here at FirearmsTalk and help support the further growth of our general knowledge base and community.
•Supporting Member image under your user name.
•FirearmsTalk.com Decal
•Unlimited private message space.
•Unlimited file attachment space.
•Unlimited gallery space.
•Larger Avatar dimensions and file size.
•Larger Profile Picture dimensions and file size.
•Access to Private Forums
•The satisfaction that you are supporting a great community with a great cause.

To sign up please visit;

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/payments.php

And by the way, for those of us that do not use PayPal, there are alternative payment means available. Just ask.

You can also EARN a supporting membership. Write up a tech article that gets accepted is one. Raise your right hand, say "I do" and take one step forward is another- we provide free supporting memberships to those on active duty.

If you are posting a political/ conspiracy/ religious topic in another category, we will either remove your post, or pull the thread if you started it. Again, you did not buy a ticket for this movie. If you insist on still doing that after we asked you nicely not to, we flog you with a ripe squid.

If you ARE a supporting member, you are free to post in those categories. Insulting behavior, threats, etc are not tolerated. Neither are bigots. Outside of that, have at it. Please note that we are also free to tell you we think yer a dingbat.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This