Sniper shows how it's done

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sniper shows how it's done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Sniper shows how it's done

A display of Marksmanship par excellence...and I love the casually clueless look on the gunman's face as he gets crash-tackled lol

So funny

Sniper Shoots Gun From Criminal Hand -Allpics4u

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

That gets better every time I see it.

Wha>>huh?????? BOOM!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I remember that incident and the interview with the sniper that made the shot. He used a frangible bullet so there wouldn't be metal shrapnel flying around. The officers that swarmed the gunman did so in the name of safety because they didn't know whether the guy had another gun or not. And the guy's comment to the sniper as he's led away is priceless:

"Are you the one that made that shot? Good one."

Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

That was inthe late 80's early 90's. I don't think they had "frangible" ammo as we know it today. Technically a Sierra 168 gr BTHP IS frangible, just not like the compressed powdered copper bullets of today.

I HATE that video, Because of that video, every douche bag asks after an officer involved shooting "why did'nt they just shoot the gun out of his hand?". Because that was a once in a lifetime opportunity shot, now shut the eff up.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'm with Robo on this one.

I remember seeing a detailed story about this one and the guy who took the shot was a former military sniper.

He was talking in the story that his previous training had taught him to recognize patterns of movement that most people don't immediately pick up on. After watching the guy for about 20 or so minutes, he picked up on the way the guy gestured with, then returned, the pistol to the same spot each time, probably out of comfort or habit.

He made the suggestion to shoot the gun twice, and the first time it was flat turned down because it was considered too risky. Again he made the request and explained what he was seeing, confirmed by another shooter who was beside him at the time, and the background behind the guy was clear.

He was given the green light by a guy that wasn't even on the scene yet, according to the story, but the commanding officer was the guy who had got the shooter on the SWAT team and knew he had the skill to pull it off.

Definitely a once in a blue moon type of shot. Close range chip shot for a .308, with a cold bore, on a small, non flat surface target that could move at any moment if the guy suddnely sneezed or got aggitated.

Definitely one hell of a shooter. *respect*

JD

Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
That was inthe late 80's early 90's. I don't think they had "frangible" ammo as we know it today. Technically a Sierra 168 gr BTHP IS frangible, just not like the compressed powdered copper bullets of today.

I HATE that video, Because of that video, every douche bag asks after an officer involved shooting "why did'nt they just shoot the gun out of his hand?". Because that was a once in a lifetime opportunity shot, now shut the eff up.
+1 that video screwed up everyones perception about shootings with LE. I love the "Why didn't you shoot him in the leg?"

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me