Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sniper Ex-Cop

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 843 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 512

Sorry, I did not realize the post I was looking at was not the last one. Read it again, I went back and quoted......

Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #82
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

I for one have all the respect in the World for Navy Seals since I have a few friends who are, and a few who were! The bottom line Law Enforcement is Law Enforcement and Seals are Seals. Both having different worlds and professional responsibilities and skill requirements. A Seal Sniper and a Law Enforcement Sniper is in two different worlds to and including Rules of Engagement! And I can not say that some police are any less skilled. This because a few years ago two LE officers were honored by being allowed to attend a complete navy seal weapons course which lasted some 10 weeks and was grueling. 10 Mile runs in the morning, PT, Field Skills and Marksmanship requirements. When the graduation ceremony was held the two Police Officers were Number One and Number Two in the entire class of some 25 people. However, the rouge retired officer who I as a Vet must respect his service to his country. But I doubt he is at the level of skill as the two LE Officers who I know personally or the skill level of the average Navy Seal! So I can not honestly say that there are no LEOs who do not have an exceptional amount of skill but not the normal LEO. I just do not think although no doubt this X-Rogue Officer had things fairly well thought out as to his objective, timing and plans for the vendetta. I find it hard to believe that his skill level is at that of excellence regarding tactics marksmanship and other field craft skills. In addition he probably is getting some support from the outside. He may very well eat his gun if surrounded or worse want to be some sort of a false marder. I would like to see his military records as well as his LEO history. And if treated unfairly he sure is going about it the incorrect way. And what he has done since leaving the agency. And what has taken place in his personal life. It is certainly sad that it came to this no matter what the reason for the victims as well as his sake. As we know under the right circumstances people can loose it! If he was wronged someone needs to be held accountable. I heard today that there has been a complete investigation ordered as to possible causes or to confirm his termination was just! We will wait and see!. But as stated wrong way to handle it. I guess he has some 40 individuals names on a hit list! That seems like too many who would have wronged him? And reflects he certainly has serious mental issues!
I pray for the victims families and for the safety of all who are targeted and involved in this operation.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #83

Liked 221 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Phone your senators and congressmen until they are sick of hearing about guns ; www.ruger.com for phone info .

"So, just thinking out loud here…how many rounds do you suppose that .50 caliber sniper rifle holds? Probably less than 10 … shouldn’t be a problem, right?"
_ from the Internet-

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/09/media-showing-surprising-restraint-on-dorners-politics/

Old 02-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #84
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Wow. Talk about completely nuts.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #85

Liked 221 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 4

ScottA:
I'm pretty sure the guy was mocking those who push magazine bans sarcastically .

Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #86

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Funny thing. The California .50 Caliber law of 2004 prohibits the sale or transfer of such weapons. All pre owned .50 caliber center fire weapons must be registered.
Surprise!! This law does not apply to California Law enforcement officers.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #87

Liked 265 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Getting back to the subject :
Lately there have been a string of disturbingly illogical, irrational and suicidal murders . Sandy Hook, Dykes' killing the school bus driver, the PTSD murder of people at a party and of a Park Ranger law officer, the PTSD murder of Chris Kyle, a former police officer 50 years old shooting himself and his wife to death and no doubt many I forgot or overlooked . And now a man with training and arms has declared war on the police with the assumption he will not survive .
These things almost never happened in the 60s and 70s ; Crimes had a reason, a rational basis . I get the feeling that something is wrong in our culture and in the way people are taught to think and reason . You hear people complain about a sense of entitlement, no repect for others, lack of civility, one-parent families and dishonesty .
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and the real problem is simply too many mentally ill people running loose .
When I see modern movies ( rarely ) and violent video games, I shudder at the thought that someone may be taking the stuff seriously . Mohammed and Malvo killed 15 or so people and Malvo cited " The Matrix " as the movie with all of the answers. Hinckley wanted to be the character from " Taxi Driver " . The North Hollywood shootout resembled one in a movie . Violent video games were played a lot by many of the school killers .
What is important now is to stop this man before he kills more people . It is not the time to disparage the LAPD as if they deserve this . It is time to discuss what armed citizens can do to help the police make our country safer . That can start with giving the police proper respect .
Your absolutely right. And it's about respect and the so-called "honor" amoung theives. My dad lived in Chicago during the 40's and part of the 50's and he worked in government as an alderman. He walked the streets of Cicero and in the city and there were real life gangsters there, it didn't end in the roaring 20's. He met my mother in Chicago as well. Anyway, the criminals then were respectful of citizens, they opened the door for women, took of their hats and treated everyone, except their rivals with respect. That is gone, the punks today have no respect, they are all low lifes. What changed? Movies, video games and a liberal teaching agenda is what changed. Respect isn't taught, nor right and wrong. Religion is nearly forbidden in public schools, morality is gone. And I apologize for barking up your tree as well.....
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #88

I agree with you. There is nothing to excuse what he is doing. Now, since I got my balls busted last week by the moderators for being rude to someone, I am resisting here. But, I have, as per the moderator's requests, reported you. Twice.

Moderators: you guys have shut down threads for WAY LESS than what is going on here. Isn't it time for this one to die?

*Putting Flame Suit on. It's made of Nomex.*

Last edited by clr8ter; 02-12-2013 at 10:34 AM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #89

Liked 2343 Times on 1524 Posts

One persons irresponsible post shouldn't shut down a thread.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #90

Regarding shutting down the thread: You know, re-read a lot of this thread, and may be getting it confused with another thread.

Closed Thread