Snake story.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Snake story.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Snake story.

I dont know what reminded me of this but I have been laughing about it all day. The summer before last I was up at my parents farm house in the TX panhandle. It was a Sunday morning and my mom was doin the laundry. She said that the drier made a funny noise like the belt came off and then quit. Me being the good son that I am decided that I would try and fix it for her. I pulled the drier out a little and climbed back behind it. I was now pinned between the washer, drier and the extra fridge. I pulled the back cover off and every thing looked normal. I told my dad to turn it on and as soon as he did a very large cotton mouth looking snake slithered out the back of the drier. I have never jumped that high in my life. I didnt touch anything and cleared the washer. My dad was on top of the washer almost as fast. Then we realized it was just a bull snake. It was one of the most needlesly scared moments I have ever had in my life and I cant quit laughing about it.

Just thought I would share so maybe yall could get a laugh too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Thats pretty funny , I was going out on a forest preserve walking with my girl, in Illinois. We were just sitting under a huge tree for a bit like we always do. A snake fell off a branch and landed right on her foot. You can't imagine how fast i stood up and kicked the snake, while my girlfriend was literally climbing up me. then realized it was a freaking timber rattlesnake...it was around the thickness of my wrist. Luckily we were both wearing boots and heavy clothing, and the kick stunned it and it just lay there, while we were running faster than Usain Bolt. Still gives me chills

^thats the forest preserve
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
I dont know what reminded me of this but I have been laughing about it all day. The summer before last I was up at my parents farm house in the TX panhandle. It was a Sunday morning and my mom was doin the laundry. She said that the drier made a funny noise like the belt came off and then quit. Me being the good son that I am decided that I would try and fix it for her. I pulled the drier out a little and climbed back behind it. I was now pinned between the washer, drier and the extra fridge. I pulled the back cover off and every thing looked normal. I told my dad to turn it on and as soon as he did a very large cotton mouth looking snake slithered out the back of the drier. I have never jumped that high in my life. I didnt touch anything and cleared the washer. My dad was on top of the washer almost as fast. Then we realized it was just a bull snake. It was one of the most needlesly scared moments I have ever had in my life and I cant quit laughing about it.

Just thought I would share so maybe yall could get a laugh too.
If that had me there would be a few new holes in the floor...i know this cuz i put 2 .45 acp hole in my aunts floor moving in the dryer she bought at an auction for $35. There was two baby timber rattlers in it. She laughed until she realized what they were. Then she made me and my uncle drag it back out side and get rid of the uninvited and dang sure unwanted guests. In the end there was 7 snakes in there. The biggest one was about 4 1/2' long after i shot it right behind the head with a 22 mag loaded with winchester jhp. It was about baseball size in diameter. The other big one was bout 3'. They others were newly born off spring. Needless to say my aunt doesnt mind the holes considerin my at the time 3 year cousin was about 6' away coming to me.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #4

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was sitting on my front porch in a rocking chair (back when I had a front porch and a rocking chair) and talking on the phone with my sister and minding my own business, I had a baby snake come out from under the chair and slither right between my feet.

I am not afraid of snakes, but I don't want to be surprised like that either. I almost crapped my pants. It looked like a baby rattle snake, even had a small little bud on the tip of his tail.

Talk about needlessly scared! After a little research I discovered it was a type of king snake and the bud was just a freak anomaly.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I was sitting on my front porch in a rocking chair (back when I had a front porch and a rocking chair) and talking on the phone with my sister and minding my own business, I had a baby snake come out from under the chair and slither right between my feet.

I am not afraid of snakes, but I don't want to be surprised like that either. I almost crapped my pants. It looked like a baby rattle snake, even had a small little bud on the tip of his tail.

Talk about needlessly scared! After a little research I discovered it was a type of king snake and the bud was just a freak anomaly.
I dont care it would still died. I HATE SNAKES almost as much as i do tree huggin peta hippies.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

I dont care it would still died. I HATE SNAKES almost as much as i do tree huggin peta hippies.

How do you think I was doing the research? Holding on to a live, suspected rattlesnake? Hell no!

Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

How do you think I was doing the research? Holding on to a live, suspected rattlesnake? Hell no!
Ever hear of a jar or bucket? Trash cans with lids works also. Anything that spits lead works even better though

Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #8

The heel of my boot worked nicely

I was scared to try to jump up and move, so I just stomped on his head

Old 12-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #9

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

The only good snake is a dead snake!