Smoking and Grilling! - Page 31
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Smoking and Grilling!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #301
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Doing turkey/Ground Round mixed burgers and Grilled veggies on the stovetop. To windy out to grill out side ( I know: if I had a gas Grill I could use the grill outside

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I don't have a gas grill, either. Nor do I want one. If it's windy out and I want to grill, i just open the garage and put the grill in the garage where it is protected from the wind.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #302
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Smoking and Grilling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't have a gas grill, either. Nor do I want one. If it's windy out and I want to grill, i just open the garage and put the grill in the garage where it is protected from the wind.

My Garage doesn't exist anymore, it's the Office/Studio/ storage unit..we have a very long Driveway..but I actually prefer just the Charcoal anyway. Also have the Indoor/Outdoor GF Grill, and we also have a Chimenea in the back yard as well..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-12-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #303
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
My Garage doesn't exist anymore, it's the Office/Studio/ storage unit..we have a very long Driveway..but I actually prefer just the Charcoal anyway. Also have the Indoor/Outdoor GF Grill, and we also have a Chimenea in the back yard as well..

I just recently got a burn barrel. Before that I had a burn pile in the back yard. Great for roasting hot dogs, marshmallows, etc.

I have a table top George Foreman type grill. It's actually a Hamilton Beech but my son chose that one for me because you can take out the grill cookers and wash them. Much easier than trying to wash them attached to the heating unit. It's not really a grill to speak of. It's just a cooker that puts stripes on the food you put in it. There is no grill flavour whatsoever with a GF.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #304
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Smoking and Grilling!

It's good for cooking small amts of less greasy food. I have a double barrel with both direct and offset cooking, with extra wide lower racks(3 main and 1 smaller one.). I use Grill liners to prevent flare ups, but clean the Racks before and after anyway. Using lots of Smoking Flavor Chips or Specialty Pellets. Have a few Jack Daniels flavored pellets.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #305
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
It's good for cooking small amts of less greasy food. I have a double barrel with both direct and offset cooking, with extra wide lower racks(3 main and 1 smaller one.). I use Grill liners to prevent flare ups, but clean the Racks before and after anyway. Using lots of Smoking Flavor Chips or Specialty Pellets. Have a few Jack Daniels flavored pellets.

Ah, I see. The indoor/outdoor grill is definitely different than the table top GF grill.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #306
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 343 Posts

I have a Green Egg and love using good hardwood charcoal. But I have been researching a hardwood pellet grill for a vacation place. IF your electricity is working the pellet grills sound like an awesome product. But you need to get over the pricing first. 😧

Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #307
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
i have a gas grille, a charcoal or wood grille and a smoker.

the gas grille doesn't get used much, but does come in handy from time to time like when i want to grille a steak or chicken or hamburgers at the spur of the moment and don't feel like waiting on my charcoal/wood grille to get ready. i hae also used it on occasion when our power was out and wanted to cook. it also has a burner on the side that i have used to fry eggs and bacon and cooked beans in while grilling chicken or sausages.

my charcoal/wood grille is my main cooking grille for steaks and such and it works great, but takes longer to get ready for cooking. i built it out of an old water heater tank one winter in the garage. it's very simple, but works great. i have cooked some masterpiece steaks and burgers on that grille!

my smoker is my pride and joy, having built it myself and after using it now for almost six years and the number of great briskets, hams, and turkeys i have smoked on it, i am very proud of it. the downside is, it's not fast, but is perfect for my style of smoking since i like the low and slow method of smoking meat to get the amount of tenderness and moistness i want from my meat when i smoke it.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #308
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 679 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 419

I have a smoker and a gas/charcoal...I think this weekend I am going to smoke a Beef brisket for about 10hrs, how about that for a tasty dinner.....yeah!!!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 05-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #309
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have an idea that i'm running around in my head for my smoker. usually i use a small bit of charcoal and lighter fluid to get the wood started in my smoker and addind more wood as it starts to build some coals in the firebox.

my idea is jet at the bottom of the firebox that is propane fired to get the wood started burn and then once it's started good, turning it off. pretty much just using the propane as firestarter for the wood.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #310
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 343 Posts

That'll work. I used to have a smoker with that system. It held a small propane tank like the ones for camping stoves. Just enough to get the charcoal and/or wood started.