Smoking and Grilling! - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Smoking and Grilling!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Good deal thanks axe. Going to try that and another suggested one as well. Can't wait!

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Good deal thanks axe. Going to try that and another suggested one as well. Can't wait!
i want pictures for this thread KY!

Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #113

Will try!

Hope it turns out well

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #114

Quote:
Will try!

Hope it turns out well
i am pretty sure it will. remember to pat the steaks dry before putting any of the seasoning on it.

there is recipe for cooking a steak with covering it in salt and cooking it directly on the hot coals, that i would like to try out someday.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #115

Welp, figured out during the move. My spices have disappeared. Great. I just spend $80 at the store. Not going back. So here is what I have to work with.

Sliced some garlic, put in some extra virgin olive oil, crush the garlic when it's in with the oil. Very light sprinkle of salt and a touch of a spice mix. Paprika, black pepper, some garlic, assorted spices, and onion powder.

Covering steaks in light oil with seasonings.

Axe, I'm still going to pat the steaks dry as you said to do. I want to try that.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #116

Cover in tin foil into fridge for couple hours.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #117

Quote:
Welp, figured out during the move. My spices have disappeared. Great. I just spend $80 at the store. Not going back. So here is what I have to work with.

Sliced some garlic, put in some extra virgin olive oil, crush the garlic when it's in with the oil. Very light sprinkle of salt and a touch of a spice mix. Paprika, black pepper, some garlic, assorted spices, and onion powder.

Covering steaks in light oil with seasonings.

Axe, I'm still going to pat the steaks dry as you said to do. I want to try that.
KY, those steaks look great! good marbling of the lean to fat content.

i think your spice combination and olive oil will work just fine.

you're off to a good start. on grilling steaks, one of the key factors i have learned is a higher quality cut of meat and a hot and fast method of cooking makes for a great steak.

another thing i also suggest and recommend is to let the steak sit for about 5-10 minutes before cutting into into it and to melt a little buter on top of it right after you pull it off the grille.

Last edited by Axxe55; 09-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

KY, those steaks look great! good marbling of the lean to fat content.

i think your spice combination and olive oil will work just fine.

you're off to a good start. on grilling steaks, one of the key factors i have learned is a higher quality cut of meat and a hot and fast method of cooking makes for a great steak.

another thing i also suggest and recommend is to let the steak sit for about 5-10 minutes before cutting into into it and to melt a little buter on top of it right after you pull it off the grille.
I normally cook them slow. Today will be fast! My wife is always on my ass about it taking forever lmao!

Yes! Butter is amazing, I always start with some on top when cooking and end with it as well.

God I'm hungry now!

Those steaks are "choice" grade and I darn sure paid for it! Hope they are good, they felt pretty good when I worked with them.

Never have grilled this many steaks at once so we shall see! Will have both grills going tonight.

Corn on the cob, if I have the room I'm going potatoes on the grill, cubed up with butter Cajun spices and onion.

Wife is making pasta salad which is always great, in-laws are bring unknown. Lol

Have assorted beers from Blue Moon, Guinness, and something I can't pronounce. Should be a good time.

Are you cooking out today?

Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #119

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

for grilling? if so, yes i do. personally, i like simple with a steak. start with a good cut of steak, of good quality. i use course sea salt and cracked pepper and some garlic pepper seasoning. let them sit like this before cooking for about an hour or so, then lightly spray the steak with vegatable oil right before cooking on both sides, then grille to perfection. i like the outside singed and the inside lightly pink, as in medium/rare, but no blood.

a good steak is one that when eaten doesn't need sauces or anything on it as the flavor can stand on it's own.
A man that knows his steaks and how to cook them! I hate to see someone smother their good steak in sauces....

Old 09-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenwheeler

A man that knows his steaks and how to cook them! I hate to see someone smother their good steak in sauces....
It's a crime I say. I don't own "steak sauces."

However, when its needed, it's nice to have.