Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Smash and grab at local gunstore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default Smash and grab at local gunstore

Somebody backed into the front doors of a local gunshop and according to the news" stole dozens of handguns".
The video showed broken display cases with the remaining guns laying in broken glass.

I was under the impression that firearms needed to be more secured than that in a ffl setting. I was always amazed that every night they would be walked to a safe. I guess I was misinformed. Again.

Anybody know if this guys in trouble with the batfe for leaving them in the case over night?

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #2

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

In trouble? It probably WAS the BATFE

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

No. Requirement for secure storage means a door with a lock. Safe not required. There was a time when groups were stealing a large truck (think 5 ton truck) and running it backwards thru the wall of a gun shop, grab what they could, and haul out before anyone could respond.

Had a friend that was setting up a shop, only exterior wall that could be attacked that way was the front- fair bit of glass, hollow block wall.

We found some concrete planters- about 6 ft long, 2 ft wide, 3 feet high. Set 4 of those out front, 8 feet from shop front. No bottoms. Before filling with potting soil and putting flowers in them, we drove 7 ft lengths of railroad rail 4 feet into the ground INSIDE of the planters. 3 per planter.

Try ramming THAT with a truck.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Try ramming THAT with a truck.
I had the great opportunity to attend an event at the chicago federal reserve - detroit branch. They said the facility to withstand a fully loaded tractor trailer making a run at any point on the exterior fence at something like 90 mph (which would be impossible to achieve). I went through the gate that had a simple yard arm in front of a seriously well built chain link fence that rolled up, and three 18" steel pillars that came out of the ground. Our tour guide said she was able to go into security center where one of the guards zoomed in on the odometer in her car and it was crystal clear... then he suggested that maybe she might consider not changing her clothes in the parking lot, LOL. apparently before they had this facility built, they used to transfer hundreds of millions in an alley in downtown detroit. Die Hard came to mind

Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

In california, the store owner would go to jail for a night and the criminals, if caught, would be given a free attorney and maybe an award for taking those weapons so they would not be sold to some conservative constitutional supporter.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo
In california, the store owner would go to jail for a night and the criminals, if caught, would be given a free attorney and maybe an award for taking those weapons so they would not be sold to some conservative constitutional supporter.
I NEED to leave California. It hurts to live