Smart Gun company buying Remington - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Smart Gun company buying Remington

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Well, so much for that.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8022 Times on 4386 Posts
Likes Given: 7763

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU;1528607[B
]Remington, like Winchester and Colt, have made themselves obsolescent by failing to keep up with "progress". W[/B]hen the market for lever action rifles, as great as they are, and single action revolvers at $2500 apiece began to fade away, they should have followed industry trends, and made affordable state of the art handguns, rifles, etc. Granted, there were some pretty good military rifles, but there is presently, and has been for 5 years or so, a large market for personal defense weapons. Colt used to have a few semiautos, but the Delta Elite was overpriced for what it could do, and faded away. Remington has recently come out with some 1911 models. I hope it will save their bacon.
Bingo. Colt tried to keep living off of revolvers and 1911s. No modern handguns. They wouldn't even try to compete with successful companies like SIG, Glock, Beretta, etc.

A good single stack, thin, polymer frame double action 10MM (full power) with no external safeties would have been a good seller. An updated AR-15 type rifle, with a top mounted 50 round mag (similar to the PS-90) and light weight than a standard AR-15, would be a good seller for any of them.

Remington could offer an updated version of the delightful little M-1 carbine in 5.7X28 with a top mount 50 round mag and side folding stock.

Or at least they did before political correctness
TekGreg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #13

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Bingo. Colt tried to keep living off of revolvers and 1911s. No modern handguns. They wouldn't even try to compete with successful companies like SIG, Glock, Beretta, etc.

A good single stack, thin, polymer frame double action 10MM (full power) with no external safeties would have been a good seller. An updated AR-15 type rifle, with a top mounted 50 round mag (similar to the PS-90) and light weight than a standard AR-15, would be a good seller for any of them.

Remington could offer an updated version of the delightful little M-1 carbine in 5.7X28 with a top mount 50 round mag and side folding stock.
I would buy any of these! I believe the mag you're talking about is called a Helical mag. Has something to do with the rounds rotating out of it I believe. The Calicos use the same type, or something similar.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #14

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
GDSI, a company with an estimated value of +/- $50M is attempting to purchase a company with an estimated value of $1.5B. It will never happen.
It could happen, it has in the past were smaller companies have purchased larger ones, but the bond debt will be huge. They would then in turn sell off the Brands that are less profitable, I could see Bushmaster Brand Name being sold back to the Windham Weaponry people and Marlin to Henry or Mossberg, and maybe DMPS to Colt.

In today's crazy world anything is possible.
Jim

Old 03-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10781 Times on 4665 Posts
Likes Given: 1760

*ahem*

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am making a bid for the acquisition of Cascade Cartridge Industries, better known as CCI.

CCI has established an incredible reputation in the manufacture of high quality rimfire ammo. However, the ongoing unprecedented high demand for rimfire ammo has resulted in an un-met market. I plan an infusion of capital to allow the construction of an additional manufacturing facility to be located in a gun friendly state.

Those that would like to join me in this endeavor will have the opportunity to receive their stock dividend payments in the form of boxes of CCI .22 LR ammo. We will accept checks, money order, cash, precious metals and livestock. No more nubile maidens until we get the FBI out of here (Still investigating the last dust-up we had).

At the present my available funds that I can offer CCI are limited to $3 in cash, whatever change is under the car seat, and a coupon for a 2-for-1 at Smokey Joes. But I have some excellent negotiating skills, and am confident that an agreement can be reached.

After that, I plan to begin a campaign to require that all politicians prove their IQ is greater than room temperature.

Last edited by c3shooter; 03-12-2014 at 04:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #16
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1466 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I would buy any of these! I believe the mag you're talking about is called a Helical mag. Has something to do with the rounds rotating out of it I believe. The Calicos use the same type, or something similar.
Actually, the P90 and PS90 use a magazine with a spiral feed ramp. The magazine is a double stack that narrows to single and then the round is spun 90 degrees to feed the firearm. The Calico magazine is truly helical, with the rounds loading flat in a spiral manner around the center core of the magazine. The helical system can hold more rounds, but is much heavier and takes up more space than the FN solution.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #17

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Actually, the P90 and PS90 use a magazine with a spiral feed ramp. The magazine is a double stack that narrows to single and then the round is spun 90 degrees to feed the firearm. The Calico magazine is truly helical, with the rounds loading flat in a spiral manner around the center core of the magazine. The helical system can hold more rounds, but is much heavier and takes up more space than the FN solution.
Learning something new every day.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #18
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1424 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
*ahem*

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am making a bid for the acquisition of Cascade Cartridge Industries, better known as CCI.

CCI has established an incredible reputation in the manufacture of high quality rimfire ammo. However, the ongoing unprecedented high demand for rimfire ammo has resulted in an un-met market. I plan an infusion of capital to allow the construction of an additional manufacturing facility to be located in a gun friendly state.

Those that would like to join me in this endeavor will have the opportunity to receive their stock dividend payments in the form of boxes of CCI .22 LR ammo. We will accept checks, money order, cash, precious metals and livestock. No more nubile maidens until we get the FBI out of here (Still investigating the last dust-up we had).

At the present my available funds that I can offer CCI are limited to $3 in cash, whatever change is under the car seat, and a coupon for a 2-for-1 at Smokey Joes. But I have some excellent negotiating skills, and am confident that an agreement can be reached.

After that, I plan to begin a campaign to require that all politicians prove their IQ is greater than room temperature.

I am in for 2 dollars and 17 cents plus a couple of overactive barn cats. I am also willing to store the nubile maidens until the FBI leaves.