Small town life and guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Small town life and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default Small town life and guns

Where we live dictates how free we are to persue and enjoy our firearms hobby.
I just thought it would be interesting to see some tales of rural gun fun.
I'll start off with this;

Where I live in middle Tn., there's the old hotel on the town square that is the breakfast spot for everybody, from the farmers, merchants, retirees, lawyers, police, and politicians. (Couldn't keep 'em out)
Besides hearing the standard lies about fishing and hunting, it's the place to go to swap or sell guns.
It's a very small town, so everybody knows everyone else and their business, so you know who you can or can't sell to.

Over the four years I've been here, I've bought my Hi Point .45, my cz 52, a Heritage Rough Rider 22/22 mag, and my S&W Highway Patrolman.
I sold my Hi Point, a informed Ruger P 95 and my Marlin 30-30.
All over the breakfast table
Try that in Md or NJ.

What small town gun stories do you have?

Gone turducken huntin'

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I was seeing a friend in West Virginia about a month before he passed away. After we got done eating we headed out to our cars. Just after we got done shaking hands he reached into his car and pulled out an old .22 pistol and handed it to me. It is a stoeger luger style pistol

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

boatme98 Likes This 
Old 03-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #3

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2635

I met a guy at a gas station parking lot in Irvington, Alabama to buy a Mosin Nagant. He pulled it out of his truck and I looked it over right there in front of all the patrons that were coming and going. I made sure it was unloaded, fixed/unfixed the bayonet, etc. Payed for it and left...Try doing that in Commiefornia

Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I live outside a small town ( 900 people) . Our hot spots are the VFW, a few bars and a little cafe that is only open a few days a week that holds maybe 20 people. Its completely normal to hear gun shots all day, its actually pretty weird if we dont hear any shots in a day. In the summer I swear when one person starts shooting everyone else starts trying to out do each other.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I can walk out my back door and shoot if I want, and nobody pays any mind. I hear others do it also from time to time. That is one of the added benefits of country living . A view out the back door.

P.s. where in Wisconsin are you Apyl? Did I see Appleton area in another thread? All of my family is up in that area, I'm down near Spring Green.

1394544230609.jpg  

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

People Like This 
Old 03-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #6

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Here in the Gunshine State, I walk outside,(many times on the way to

my range) I wonder what direction I'll hear the sound of gunfire

coming from first. Got about 8 cops living all around me,

out here, in the country, all with backyard ranges. Probably the

safest neighborhood in the country.

A guy's got to have his standards, I don't deal with anybody

who doesn't have a CCW permit. And most folks won't sell to

me privately, unless they see a my CCW permit.

Last edited by therewolf; 03-11-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1337 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 1429

Little brother & I, little brother bought it a Hi-Point 9 the other day in the parking lot of the local cafe. He asked me to check it out to see if he was getting a good deal.............

When all else fails.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #8

Liked 1897 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 2644

I know she has talked about this on another thread, but my roomy (RG) grew up in Scott Co, Tenn. Her school bus driver kept a bolt action rifle beside his seat..He would stop the bus, and shoot groundhogs on the way to school....Try that nowadays and see what happens...

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I can walk out my back door and shoot if I want, and nobody pays any mind. I hear others do it also from time to time. That is one of the added benefits of country living . A view out the back door.

P.s. where in Wisconsin are you Apyl? Did I see Appleton area in another thread? All of my family is up in that area, I'm down near Spring Green.
Northern Juneau County

Old 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #10

Liked 277 Times on 192 Posts

I live in southwest Virginia. When my dad was a deputy, he and several other deputies, even the sheriff a couple of times, would bring their issued guns and guns from home to practice and compete with one another in my front yard. Some of my close relatives came and shot with us too. Our whole family has regularly scheduled skeet shooting matches, rifle matches and, pistol matches. A majority of the men come to the family come with a trunk or bed full of guns of every type and size to trade and shoot. I love my family and where I live!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app