Small Hiatus - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Small Hiatus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

One of my brothers lives in Texas and he says that air conditioners run nearly 24-7 to bear the heat. Two years ago he had to put a new attic unit in his house and the compressor was good then. Last month the compressor went out and he had to spend $4000.00 to replace it. His house is 15 years old.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good luck with completing the house. I bet you can't wait to move in an make it a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good luck. I've been where you are now and I'm very handy. It's not a lot of fun, but the results are well worthwhile.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #14

Likes Given: 6

Just finished up on a HUD foreclosure that one of my sons bought. It will all workout fine, just don't get discouraged. If a welder can redone an old house you can too.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Yeah. Electrical is no place to skimp, you may want to hire someone else to inspect their work and make sure its up to code when they are done. I know I'm always the negative guy to bring people down, sorry.

I hope I'm wrong and you just found a good electrician hurting for work willing to do it cheaply.
I hired and electrician's apprentice. He was chomping at the bit to show that he knows his stuff. He was quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Keep in mind, my friend, that nobody can expect to be on top forever.
Just until I die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Who is this Mr. Elbow you speak of??
Shall I make an introduction? Did you forget I am the toughest guy on the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Godspeed, brother. Good luck with that cat piss...
Thank God for concrete floors underneath the parque. God loves me.

As was mentioned by Bobby in an earlier post, this economy is in the crapper. So many people are looking for anything and are willing to fight for it. But here's the secret. I detailed the job on craigslist, and said I'd pay $9 an hour, but if they could get it done in 4 hours or less, I'd give them a crisp hundred dollar bill. Everyone, with no exceptions, busted their ass and did an exceptional job. That's the key. Don't ask what someone would charge to do such and such a job. Once they know you need them, the rates change. Dictate the terms and YOU are the man.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You couldn't handle that? I would have come help you out for a round trip ticket and beer.

I might have made a bigger mess than the pros, but it's all pretty simple stuff.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Whoa, wait, wasn't me.

I was merely waiting till the 70's era lead-based paint chips took their toll on your brain, then I'd just slide in there unopposed.