Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   SKS prices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sks-prices-56817/)

texaswoodworker 02-01-2012 11:32 PM

SKS prices

I was jus looking at some Yugo SKSs, and what the hell happened to the prices? They shot up about $50 more then they were a few months ago. Is it because of the election? :mad:

Also, does anybody know where I can buy an SKS for about $250?

robocop10mm 02-02-2012 02:30 AM

IMHO, forget the Yugo's as shooters. They are much more likely to be worn the eff out as they were actually issued service rifles. Non-chrome bores and corrosive ammo is a nasty combination. The Norinco's were not issued rifles. They were purpose built for the export market. They tend to be the most pristine versions. Unless you are looking for a mil surp rifle with character, get a Norinco.

chewchew 02-02-2012 02:56 AM

Norinco SKS in excellent condition sold for 285.00 last week at the store. It stayed there 2 month's before it sold. The Romanian aks's will go for 700.00 pretty fast. None in stock now. Have an Inland 30 carbine in xf condition now for 650.00. All new ar's go for 650 (DPMS, BUSHMATERS ect) Colts go for 1100.00. This is in Georgia.

texaswoodworker 02-02-2012 03:22 AM

I'll look into the Norincos and see what I can find.

It pisses me off that all the gun prices are going up. The other day, I went to a small gun shop a few miles down the road and the owner said that he couldn't get me a SKS for less then $350-$500. At first, I thought he was crazy, now I believe him. :( If I can't find an SKS for under $300 (including shipping/transfer fee), I may just go with a Remington 870 or some other gun that is cheap to shoot for now.

Any suggestions? (just try to keep it under $300 :D)

robocop10mm 02-02-2012 04:23 AM

The Romanians are as close to the Russian models as possible. There are fewer Romanians in the USA. Supply and demand. There were a butt load of Norincos imported. They are good solid shooters, just not very collectible

Josh1158 02-02-2012 05:42 AM

I'm not sure if it's norinco but the lgs by me has one for 300. I'm going to check it out for a friend tomarow. If they have more I will give ya a web site.

Minionsram 02-02-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 696865)
IMHO, forget the Yugo's as shooters. They are much more likely to be worn the eff out as they were actually issued service rifles. Non-chrome bores and corrosive ammo is a nasty combination. The Norinco's were not issued rifles. They were purpose built for the export market. They tend to be the most pristine versions. Unless you are looking for a mil surp rifle with character, get a Norinco.

I have a yugo that was an arsinal rebuild. Non matching numbers, a chrome lined bbl and is not too bad of a shooter. Would buy another if the price was right.

texaswoodworker 02-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh1158 (Post 697014)
I'm not sure if it's norinco but the lgs by me has one for 300. I'm going to check it out for a friend tomarow. If they have more I will give ya a web site.

Sweet. thanks.

texaswoodworker 02-02-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 696961)
The Romanians are as close to the Russian models as possible. There are fewer Romanians in the USA. Supply and demand. There were a butt load of Norincos imported. They are good solid shooters, just not very collectible

Yeah, I was planning on looking into the norincos too. The second LGS I checked out had hundreds of guns, but only one SKS for $350 (someone painted the wood, so I didn't really like it). I'm not sure what kind it was.

silverado113 02-02-2012 12:35 PM

I bought my Yugo SKS about 10 years ago and haven't had any problems with it, but I always clean the hell out of my guns right after I shoot them. Oh BTW I also paid 129 for it :)