Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Which singer is better?

View Poll Results: Tarja or Annette?
Tarja Turunen (Opera Chick) 2 40.00%
Annette Olzon (Non- opera chick) 0 0%
I like both 1 20.00%
Screw you I hate this band! 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Default Which singer is better?

Inspired by Tango's "Which is better" threads, I thought I would bring this subject up. I don't expect you to have ever heard of this band, slight of a video that I posted or something. The band is called Nightwish, they're a "Symphonic Metal" band from Finland. Over the last couple years I have grown quite fond of their music. But lo around 2005-2006 there was a disturbance in the force and they fired their magnificent original lead singer, Tarja Turunen to be replaced by former Alyson Avenue singer, Annette Olzon.
Ever since, an epic "Tarja vs. Annette" battle has been going on in the comment threads on youtube, and is even spilling over onto comment threads from videos that have nothing to do with Nightwish. It's time for this battle to come to an end. I will show you two Nightwish music videos, the first will be the original lead singer, Tarja (she has a kinda opera-ish voice), the next will be the new singer, Annette. I ask you to watch both videos and then vote for who you think is better. So, Ladies and Gentlemen, Tarja or Annette?

Here's Tarja

Annette.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Tarja without a doubt. She has a better voice and deeper beauty. The second video looks like an entirely different band. They're pretty, but... what gives?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #3

Yes, they changed a lot after Tarja. I still like them, but I think they lost the uniqueness they used to have.

BTW, in the second video the other women there aren't actually members of the band, they're just in that one vid, during the chorus you can see the actual band members.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the clue. Tarja has the new version beat hands down. They went from serious and excellent to the Bangles.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #5

How about this one