Since no one else has said it........ - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Since no one else has said it........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #21
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Yep same here....except once I got mad my Squad mates would stay behind me because they learned real quick to get in front of me ment your gonna be floored pretty quick. Only time that didn't happen I had a BIG squid hit me w a stately bar stool.....then my squad mates stomped him. Took 3 of em though. After I got up they all just kinda backed off.
Haha....

So, my little sister (ok, she's 36, so not that little) is a squid, going through some nursing program. I still give her crap about being a squid, is that bad?

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 06-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #22

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Haha....

So, my little sister (ok, she's 36, so not that little) is a squid, going through some nursing program. I still give her crap about being a squid, is that bad?
Nope it ain't.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #23

Liked 1254 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

im afraid the bickering will never end. lol

i always say this... army shoots 50 to 300yrds. the marines shoot 200 to 500 yrds.... none of this close nonsense. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 06-15-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
What if they also pointed out that the Marines are a Dept of the Navy and still not their own branch?
Hell, we already know that. You know why they keep "looking for a few good men"? It's because they keep walking off the cliff like a bunch of lemmings. The DI's won't let them think for themselves anymore. I know it's bad the Marines have to rely on the Navy to get to the fight but look at us poor GIs, we gotta depend on the Air Force to get anywhere. But, then again, the Air Force did have pretty good mess halls.

But I will say the Marines do at least one thing right. Their marksmanship training is second to none. Why the Army doesn't spend more time on it, I have no idea. If I hadn't already known how to shoot when I joined, I don't think I would have ever shot expert. They're going downrange so much now though that at least the marksmanship training has taken on more importance for the Army.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #25

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutaswell

Hell, we already know that. You know why they keep "looking for a few good men"? It's because they keep walking off the cliff like a bunch of lemmings. The DI's won't let them think for themselves anymore. I know it's bad the Marines have to rely on the Navy to get to the fight but look at us poor GIs, we gotta depend on the Air Force to get anywhere. But, then again, the Air Force did have pretty good mess halls.

But I will say the Marines do at least one thing right. Their marksmanship training is second to none. Why the Army doesn't spend more time on it, I have no idea. If I hadn't already known how to shoot when I joined, I don't think I would have ever shot expert. They're going downrange so much now though that at least the marksmanship training has taken on more importance for the Army.
We are a department of the navy alright-the MENS department

Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #26

Somebody has to man up and do it. Hate to say it but my brother was a squid for 29 years. Tried to send him to sea one more time and he told them he'd rather see his daughters finish growing up.

Newest Threads