Silly question maybe.... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Silly question maybe....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

While this is an interesting discussion I wouldn't trade off two good pistols in 40 just to get one 45 .

The 40 has proven to be a fine round for defense and LEO work so unless there's something other than perceived recoil to make you dislike them I would keep them .

I have both a aluminum framed 40 and steel framed 1911's and I just don't see the big difference in recoil unless I am intentionally trying to feel it by slow firing .

I often do little competition drills with my sons with 2-3 targets and who wins comes down to who's shooting the best that day not who's using the 45's vs the 40 or even a 357 .

Unless your playing "Gun Games" and are going to get all excited about 2 tenths of a second between shots difference there's no problem .

Odds are if you have to use your defensive gun you'll be facing an untrained illiterate punk , Not Rob Leathman , but if that untrained punk gets lucky and has the gun all lined up for your brain box when he pulls the trigger that follow up shot wasn't going to do you any good anyway because even if hit with a second 45 he will get his shot off .