signs of the times...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

signs of the times...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Signs that you know show we live in a fu*ked up society these days....

Share your experiences, but keep politics out of it please. This thread is meant for everyone.

One sign I'm seeing right now...
I'm at the park with Sue and Baron. Sitting at the picnic tables, and watching them just....go. play. Have fun. Be a boy and a dog. Good life.

I look around, and realize that although I noticed it before, it didn't really sink in. The tables... are chained to the concrete slab. Ostensibly to keep people from rearranging them I'm sure... but I'm willing to bet one or more has been stolen in the past.

Last edited by trip286; 09-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

I would say you are correct. If it's not chained down they will still it and if it is chained down in time it will be stolen and the chain as well......
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

Liked 428 Times on 250 Posts

Someone would steal them for sure. Can't trust anyone.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #4

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Have you seen anything lately that stands out to you as a sign of our times?

I'm talking about crap like the big billboard warning labels on guns and coffee. Barred windows on day care centers, churches, and food pantries. Display lawn furniture cabled to a post inside a store.

Some of these, like the furniture, are so people don't mess with stuff and rearrange things, move stuff around. But it amazes me that we live in such an impolite society that this is necessary.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #5

Liked 3619 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2520

TV commercials that make absolutely no sense and have virtually nothing to do with the product they are advertising.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9160 Times on 4950 Posts
Likes Given: 19339

I saw an advertisement for a hamburger joint claiming their patties are "Now made with 100% beef!"
At first I wondered why such disclosure was necessary. Then it sank in and I wondered "What have they been serving?"
People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #7

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

We have reached the point, that we are interfering with natural selection, and that is what will bring the end to the human race. It wasn't that long ago, we were completely responsible for our own survival. If you were lazy, or stupid, you starverd to death. now we have all kinds of programs to keep the ones who would have not lived long enough to reproduce alive, and encourage them to reproduce ....Medical advancements are also keeping the undesirables alive, and reproducing....Bicycle helmets...The yellow sign on the deck of your lawn mower, that tells you not to put your hand under it when the mower is running.......We are getting stupider, and stupider, and stupider..........LOL
People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Needs burying.................

A local crack head and dead beat was caught selling the copper and bronze he had stolen from the cemetary in his neighborhood. $16,000 in damages to graves he stole from.............This azzhole needs hanging from one of the oak trees in the gave yard................

Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Have you seen anything lately that stands out to you as a sign of our times?

I'm talking about crap like the big billboard warning labels on guns and coffee. Barred windows on day care centers, churches, and food pantries. Display lawn furniture cabled to a post inside a store.

Some of these, like the furniture, are so people don't mess with stuff and rearrange things, move stuff around. But it amazes me that we live in such an impolite society that this is necessary.
How about security cameras everywhere????
People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #10

Liked 248 Times on 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
We have reached the point, that we are interfering with natural selection, and that is what will bring the end to the human race. It wasn't that long ago, we were completely responsible for our own survival. If you were lazy, or stupid, you starverd to death. now we have all kinds of programs to keep the ones who would have not lived long enough to reproduce alive, and encourage them to reproduce ....Medical advancements are also keeping the undesirables alive, and reproducing....Bicycle helmets...The yellow sign on the deck of your lawn mower, that tells you not to put your hand under it when the mower is running.......We are getting stupider, and stupider, and stupider..........LOL
I'm afraid this is extremely accurate. I've also noticed that those with lower intelligence levels seem to reproduce at a very efficient pace.
People Like This