Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Signs of Spring........... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/signs-spring-59896/)

winds-of-change 03-10-2012 11:13 AM

Signs of Spring...........

It's early AM and I am up at the computer. I'm listening to the newly returned robins singing in the trees as the sun rises. When I go outside I see my daffodils and tulips coming up from the ground. There is a warm(ish) breeze most days anymore and I am so looking forward to Spring.

What have you all been seeing that lets you know the winter is gone and Spring is on it's way?

bkt 03-10-2012 11:19 AM

One day it's 28, the next day it's 60. Yesterday, it started out reasonably warm, cooled off quickly, snowed like crazy, got warm again and all the snow melted, snowed some more...back and forth. This morning, no snow, but its 19.

THAT'S how I know it's springtime in Western NY. March always has nutty weather.

winds-of-change 03-10-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 735479)
One day it's 28, the next day it's 60. Yesterday, it started out reasonably warm, cooled off quickly, snowed like crazy, got warm again and all the snow melted, snowed some more...back and forth. This morning, no snow, but its 19.

THAT'S how I know it's springtime in Western NY. March always has nutty weather.

I think it's Summer going through puberty. ROFL!!

fmj 03-10-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 735484)
I think it's Summer going through puberty. ROFL!!

LMAO

The old maple tree out back is starting to bud out.

tomgodd 03-10-2012 12:01 PM

My allergies are giving me h***! That's when I know spring is staring.

Thomas

downsouth 03-10-2012 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My sister in law sent me a picture of their backyard outside of Anchorage. The picknic table is fully covered in snow. I sent this picture saying I'll get to enjoy spring twice this year, once diwn here and again when we are in Alaska in June.

Attachment 41225

Sonic82 03-10-2012 12:20 PM

You Midwest types must be 3 weeks ahead of us Upper Midwest types. If I lived 100-200 miles further south I'd gain 3 weeks of mild weather on the front half and about 3 weeks on the back half. 6 weeks of a little nicer weather...sounds (almost ) worth it.

AcidFlashGordon 03-10-2012 12:22 PM

Up until the beginning of this week the temperatures in Las Vegas hovered around the 50 to 60 mark. The "futurecast" for the next week is in the mid 70 ranges with a minor slip back to the mid to upper 60 range next weekend. I don't discount any more cold weather (we HAVE had early May snow storms uprange) but I think the cold temperatures are soon to go the way of the Dodo. Spring? Las Vegas has about a week of it and then summer arrives (along with the high temperatures I like).

I prefer 45C over 45F any day.....

hiwall 03-10-2012 12:37 PM

The buzzards are back!!!

vincent 03-10-2012 02:06 PM

Didn't have much of a winter here, things are in bloom early and soon everything will be covered in pollen, perfect excuse not to wash the car!