Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Signature Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Signature Questions

So, didn't know where to post this so...... here ya go. I have sign a few signature sections on this sight with the following phrases, one Latin, one I cannot figure out except for a Greek Omega. The Latin is "Amat Victoria Curam", which as close as I can tell, means I Love Victory Management?!? The other phrase is "MOA(Omega)N AABE". Just curious as to meaning/and/or signifigance. Thanks for any explanations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #2

Default Correction

Sorry , meant to say "seen", not "sign".

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6959 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8370

Amat Victoria Curam

"Victory loves carefulness" (or Victory loves careful preparation)

The other one you see is probably

"molon labe"

Which means "come and take them"

Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
So, didn't know where to post this so...... here ya go. I have sign a few signature sections on this sight with the following phrases, one Latin, one I cannot figure out except for a Greek Omega. The Latin is "Amat Victoria Curam", which as close as I can tell, means I Love Victory Management?!? The other phrase is "MOA(Omega)N AABE". Just curious as to meaning/and/or signifigance. Thanks for any explanations.
"Amat Victoria Curam" = Victory favors those who take pains. or, Victory loves carefulness.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε or Molōn labe!; Greek King Leonidas I of Sparta response to Xerxes I of Persia when asked to lay down their arms and surrender at the Battle of Thermopylae. It's meaning "Come and take them" is often used by pro-gun activists as a defense of the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello